Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to thank this forum for giving me the much-needed input to pull the trigger on new and larger tires. I have a 2021 XSE and the last thing I want to do is suspension mods. I was going to play it safe and go 1 size up (235.60.18) but after a few recommendations (and lots of searching on here) I felt safe in pulling the trigger on the Falken Wildpeak Trails in 245.60.18 on my stock XSE wheels (+35 offset).

What a HUGE difference and NO RUBBING at all. I am completely in love now with the stance and aggressive look of this little beast. Coming from a decked-out Crewmax 4x4 it was a drastic replacement but my whoa's at the pump needed to be addressed quickly.

The ride is still quiet, the mileage does not appear to have taken a noticeable hit (as of this time) and I'm completely thrilled.

Thanks again Rav4World.

Here are some images of my project in progress...

Registered
2019 XSE Hybrid
So I wanted to thank this forum for giving me the much-needed input to pull the trigger on new and larger tires. I have a 2021 XSE and the last thing I want to do is suspension mods. I was going to play it safe and go 1 size up (235.60.18) but after a few recommendations (and lots of searching on here) I felt safe in pulling the trigger on the Falken Wildpeak Trails in 245.60.18 on my stock XSE wheels (+35 offset).

What a HUGE difference and NO RUBBING at all. I am completely in love now with the stance and aggressive look of this little beast. Coming from a decked-out Crewmax 4x4 it was a drastic replacement but my whoa's at the pump needed to be addressed quickly.

The ride is still quiet, the mileage does not appear to have taken a noticeable hit (as of this time) and I'm completely thrilled.

Thanks again Rav4World.

Here are some images of my project in progress... View attachment 165878 View attachment 165879 View attachment 165880 View attachment 165881 View attachment 165882

This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics! Now I feel confident in doing the exact same thing. 馃敟

Registered
Bro, thank you so much for writing this post 馃檹 This is exactly what I'm looking for. You just save me so much time researching.

Registered
2021 Limited Hybrid
Falken Wildpeak Trails in 245.60.18 on my stock XSE wheels (+35 offset).
I鈥檓 new to this, and I鈥檓 considering changing my tires and rims to get a slightly nicer look. To make sure I鈥檓 understanding correctly, your stock wheels were +35 offset? I have a 鈥21 Limited Hybrid. Would I need new rims that have an offset to avoid spacers?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I鈥檓 new to this, and I鈥檓 considering changing my tires and rims to get a slightly nicer look. To make sure I鈥檓 understanding correctly, your stock wheels were +35 offset? I have a 鈥21 Limited Hybrid. Would I need new rims that have an offset to avoid spacers?

Yes. The stock XSE wheel is a +35 offset.

I have no idea about any other wheels. 馃

Registered
Love the look!!! I've been looking for this style and black gloss..
This is good news... been looking to add more rubber on RP4 prime. Mine came with 19 inch. I recently got 18 inch highlander wheels +30 offset with worn 24 60 18. Tried them on and no rubbing as well. So I will get new AT tires with this same config. Should be fine then...

Premium Member
2020 RAV4 Hybrid XSE, Weather, JBL, Tech Package
Now that you鈥檝e had them for a few months, any update on the gas mileage? I鈥檓 thinking about a similar switch on my XSE when the stock tires wear out a bit more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now that you鈥檝e had them for a few months, any update on the gas mileage? I鈥檓 thinking about a similar switch on my XSE when the stock tires wear out a bit more.

Well, sort of... I am mostly a city then interstate commuter so my speeds are 35-75 on average. I have noticed that prior to installing I was averaging 40.2 now I am averaging 38.7. Not a significant loss but still less than what I was getting. I also have to take into consideration that I added RockBlok mudflaps and have crossbar pads for my kayak installed. All of those will change my aero score and lessen my MPG.

Overall, I would not change a thing. I love it, it handles great, looks great, and still has incredible gas mileage.

Registered
So, with just the larger tire. You're getting a larger diameter and tire width, yes?
Is the height of your XSE's ground clearance improved? Do you know how much 'higher' the vehicle sits about the ground? 1/2" , 1"?

I'm liking the look of the tire, but like you, not really wanting to adjust the sport tuned suspension of the XSE, but would like a higher ground clearance.

Did you research any of the lift kits?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, with just the larger tire. You're getting a larger diameter and tire width, yes?
Is the height of your XSE's ground clearance improved? Do you know how much 'higher' the vehicle sits about the ground? 1/2" , 1"?

I'm liking the look of the tire, but like you, not really wanting to adjust the sport tuned suspension of the XSE, but would like a higher ground clearance.

My ultimate goal was a more aggressive tire in the event it was needed and my secondary goal was to make the XSE more aggressive in appearance without investing/changing a lot of areas.

As for the "lift", it would only be provided by the extra size of the tire itself, which in this case was minimal. So ground clearance may have been slightly increased but nothing worth mentioning. I did research ReadyLift and I know a lot have modified the XSE's with those kits but it is not for me. I am not going to benefit from the additional height and although I appreciate looking at other modified rides I am at my limit with mine. I have modified almost every car/truck/suv/motorcycle I have owned to the hilt and I just don't have the desire any longer. It always ends up in more money, more issues, and more to worry about.

Good luck on your quest though. Keep your end game in mind out of what you want. My desire was easily obtained with the simple modifications I made.

Registered

You probably don't see a difference in the lift, but it does have more of an aggressive stance. They do stick out a little more, but not much. Here's the comparison on the sizes. Using stock XSE for size 1. I was able to fit some used Highlander wheels with 245/60/18 and offset of 30 on my Prime (waiting on new tires). pics to follow..

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

1 - 20 of 25 Posts