Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run these on a sport V6? Any rubbing issues? Very tempting to get tires in this size. Trying to figure out if I would need a small wheel spacer or not to make it work without any rubbing on the inside of the wheel well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The specific tires I am looking at are the Hankook Dynapro AT-M in P255/60R18. They would be going onto the stock 18"x7.5" wheels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It might be since it is 60R but I don't know for sure. I have 2010 RAV4 Sport with stock 18" wheels wrap with Nitto Terra Grappler 255/55R18. And it's rubbing just a lil bit without making noises when in full turn. You can see on the wheel well that it is rubbing but not deep enough to make a whole in the wheel well plastic, if that make sense. I don't have the picture where it rubbed the wheel well plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And another big issue is, if I went and bought 17" wheels, I have a MUCH larger selection. At 18" wheels, my selection decreases except for larger tires that wont fit

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the specs on the ones you have? How do you like them off road? Im trying to see if 255 would be too wide for the rav without additional spacers

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
These are 235-65-17...had them on my grand Cherokee in 245-65-17 and that thing I would take anywhere offroad...went thru snow and mud like it wasn't there...gas mileage did go down a little from the stock 18s, but they are not noisy on the highway considering the tread design...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you ever score these tires? Did they fit without rubbing?
Unfortunately no. I am in the process of getting a larger boat, and need a beefier vehicle for towing, so my Rav4 is up for sale :crying If the rav had a 5k towing capacity I would be keeping it in a heart beat though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Unfortunately no. I am in the process of getting a larger boat, and need a beefier vehicle for towing, so my Rav4 is up for sale :crying If the rav had a 5k towing capacity I would be keeping it in a heart beat though.
Best of Both Worlds:

I never would considered 18" inch rims, for wife's 2008 RAV4 Limited, when the 2013 Toyota Highlander 17x7.5" OEM rims, look so sweet & fit perfect...and still use my stock size Le2 tires, we bought only 6 months ago.

For 5,000# towing, I got myself a mint 2000 4Runner, last month / and the wife can rack up the miles, on her v6-RAV.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am tempted to get a 4 runner, but the resale price on them is so damn high its nuts. I have been looking at 2010+ nissan xterras actually since they fit my budget better. If budget wasnt an issue, I would have a 4 Runner in my drive way right now probably lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts