Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 265/65/17 tires will fit on the stock 17" rims. I have a 2006 Base 4WD and I have a brand new set of 265 tires that I could put on the Rav4 if they will fit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,064 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I was just trying to see if I could save a few bucks. I also have a 2010 Tacoma which I took the 265's (Bridgestone Dueler H/T) off of with only 1000 miles on them and replaced the H/T's with a more off-road tire. If the H/T's would fit, I would put them on the Rav4 since that vehicle is used for only highway driving.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Hey, Nismopowered, what springs do you have in your Rav? Your album descriptions don't say, and the pics are too small for my old eyes to make out if they're lowering springs or something else.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have the OME lift springs that dont really lift. I got maybe 1/4 to 1/2 out of them. I also have the air bags but I will br removing them as they are not need with 245/65/17 that I am running now. With the 265's the rear rubbed with 4 or more or with the boat when I hit any type of bumps that got the back bouncing.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Got it. Thanks. I'm looking to go lower and have found very few pics of Ravs with H&R springs. Just wanted to know what I was in for and was hoping that the shorter springs in your photos were H&Rs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nismopowered can give me input on the 265/65r17 you tried in your rav. Did you use the stock rims for those tires? Do you encounter rubbing when turning? Just the rear only rubs when loaded?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
carl_ryan_282
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing