Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
pics would be better if your headlights were not on...makes it hard to see the light bar...from what i can see it looks good...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
what kind of bar did you install? how was it installed? did you need to remove the bumper?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what kind of bar did you install? how was it installed? did you need to remove the bumper?
It was a 30" straight light bar from eBay.

I had it installed by a mechanic who removed the bumper and wired it through my dash.

There was a bit of modification required in the bumper to make it fit in that space but nothing major.

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Is this type of lighting necessary where you live? Foggy or poor visibility in general? I'm just curious if this is a needed or "I just wanted it" item. Looks rather cool actually.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this type of lighting necessary where you live? Foggy or poor visibility in general? I'm just curious if this is a needed or "I just wanted it" item. Looks rather cool actually.
It's a bit of both to be honest.

I do a lot of driving at night and there are no street lights on our highway so this def helps my visibility for seeing animals and such. I don't think it would help in fog or snow though as it would be too bright

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yeah those things are more of a flood light so fog, rain and snow would be much worse with it on...I'm sure it lights up an old country road well...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im planning on doing a similar install myself. what did you mount the bar to?
To be perfectly honest I have no clue, I gave the lightbar and the car to my mechanic and he did all the work and brought me back a car with a lightbar installed hahaha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
To be perfectly honest I have no clue, I gave the lightbar and the car to my mechanic and he did all the work and brought me back a car with a lightbar installed hahaha.
Open your hood and pull out the 4 plastic pins holding the black part that covers the top of the bumper and the front of the engine bay and look down in. Did he screw it into the metal bumper or is it sitting attached to the plastics? If its screwed into the metal bumper did he screw it onto the top or the front or bottom?

Highly interested in where its attached since I am looking to do this also.

·
Registered
129 Posts
you can fabricate a bracket to screw into the bumper beam. but i think there is a plastic middle bracket bumper support. did he cut that or take that off?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just had my 30" light bar installed inside my front bumper grill. I love how sleek and hidden it looks.

Lots more still I want to do yet but small steps. lol
I've seen a couple of pickup trucks on the highway with these lights, boy a boy, it is blinding.:nerd

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah the Pick Up trucks are blinding as they sit higher on these vehicles compared to where I have mine installed, that being said, I never use it if other vehicles are coming at me as I know how dangerous they can be for on coming traffic.

It does come in super handy on the pitch black winter nights :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts