Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm looking for 30"+ tires on 16" wheels and a 3" lift for winter/snow driving. Then for the rest of the year switching back to H&R springs & 20" wheels. So, who has the tallest tire here with stock front spring perches?

Here's a photo of my BFG's (31.6 inches) resting against the spring perch before I modified them. I had to push them hard to fit them in for this photo. From this experience I can confidently say that the biggest tyres you'd fit on a 4.3 Rav without modifying the strut, would be a 30" or if you're keen you could possibly squeeze in a 30.5" .......

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good work on all the uniques Rav4 out there. Lowered, liftered, modified engines etc. Don't expect everyone from this forum to understand what you are doing. There are a lot of narrow minded people here who can't even imagine anything outside the norm. That's why they feel that they have the right to educate others who is trying to do something different. After all this is a automotive enthusiast site, sky is the limit as to what you want to do. Don't let these narrow minded people stop you. Enjoy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good work on all the uniques Rav4 out there. Lowered, liftered, modified engines etc. Don't expect everyone from this forum to understand what you are doing. There are a lot of narrow minded people here who can't even imagine anything outside the norm. That's why they feel that they have the right to educate others who is trying to do something different. After all this is a automotive enthusiast site, sky is the limit as to what you want to do. Don't let these narrow minded people stop you. Enjoy! Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
WOW!

Tell us how you really feel...

·
Registered
1 Posts
[snip]What I don't understand is tires that large on a RAV4. I can see it in New Zealand where the majority of the roads are not paved but Maryland? [snip]
Chuckle... Actually, not only do we have colour TV and Internet here in NZ now, but our roads are actually excellent by international standards (excluding the fact they use an insane coarse chip size which makes all our roads pretty noisy)

Cheers - Neil G

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good work on all the uniques Rav4 out there. Lowered, liftered, modified engines etc. Don't expect everyone from this forum to understand what you are doing. There are a lot of narrow minded people here who can't even imagine anything outside the norm. That's why they feel that they have the right to educate others who is trying to do something different. After all this is a automotive enthusiast site, sky is the limit as to what you want to do. Don't let these narrow minded people stop you. Enjoy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sooooo true, seems people here aren't too open to mods. It sucks, the platform lacks any support from the aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Chuckle... Actually, not only do we have colour TV and Internet here in NZ now, but our roads are actually excellent by international standards (excluding the fact they use an insane coarse chip size which makes all our roads pretty noisy)

Cheers - Neil G
You crazy Kiwis and your modern conveniences... next you'll be telling us you've had indoor plumbing for years.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This is my 2011 with BFG 32" Mud Terrains.
Like it or hate it..... whatever.
What's the exact tire size that you used. I'm planing to do a 2" lift and most probably go with 255/65/17 (which is 30x10).

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is my 2011 with BFG 32" Mud Terrains.
Like it or hate it..... whatever.
That is awesome.
I bet you get some funny looks from bigger 4wds.
Do you think 245/70 R17 tyres would fit with a 1 - 1.25 inch lift or is it safer to just go 245/65 R17 or 255/65 R17?
I got a 30mm suspension lift from King Springs fitted earlier this year:

Toyota RAV4 AWD 2006 30mm Suspension Lift KIT KYB Shocks King Springs | eBay

I'm currently running Cooper 235/65 R17 All Terrains on my 2011 but am looking for bigger tyres for the next set.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Who manufactured your push bar and skid plate? Would it fit a 2004 rav?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Who manufactured your push bar and skid plate? Would it fit a 2004 rav?
If you're talking about the nudge bar on Leroy's RAV4, it is a Toyota deluxe nudge bar available in Australia for 2006 - 2012 models only. Hope that helps. I think there is a similar one available for the 2004 model but I'm not sure where you can get one. I know ARB has a nudge bar albeit with a different design.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here in the USA i have heard them called pusher and bull bar. Nudge bar makes sense though. I looked at the ARB design. It is similar design but is very light weight with thin walled tubing. I am trying to find a cromoly design with out luck. Custom I guess is the way to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to this site but I put some pics of my rav4 on my profile if you look at it I have 2" spacer lift on it and BFGoodrich all-terrain 31 1/2 inch tires (245/70/65) I like it so far it's a little bit rougher ride more gas per mileage but so far so good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am new to this site but I put some pics of my rav4 on my profile if you look at it I have 2" spacer lift on it and BFGoodrich all-terrain 31 1/2 inch tires (245/70/65) I like it so far it's a little bit rougher ride more gas per mileage but so far so good.
Nice RAV, are they 245/70 R17 tyres on yours?
I currently have 235/65 R17 but am looking to get 245/70 R17 for my next set if they will fit with a 1.25 inch suspension lift.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts