Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 2in spacers for a lift now and was thinking about adding the suspension lift from deaver springs. That would give me approximately 4.25 inches from stock. With new shocks without the perch I could possibly run 33's on a good day, or just wishful thinking. Maybe someone else will have more mechanical insight.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have 2in spacers for a lift now and was thinking about adding the suspension lift from deaver springs. That would give me approximately 4.25 inches from stock. With new shocks without the perch I could possibly run 33's on a good day, or just wishful thinking. Maybe someone else will have more mechanical insight.
Are the spacers from Colorado mountain rally?
Do you have a V6 or I4?
Running 33s would kill performance and for the I4 it would probably make driving quality horrible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, I have the spacers from Colorado mountain rally. And I have the I4, you are most likely right on performance but damn it would look sharp! lol

I was looking into chips for the rav and they make them, I wonder if that would help the performance? We'll see.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, I have the spacers from Colorado mountain rally. And I have the I4, you are most likely right on performance but damn it would look sharp! lol

I was looking into chips for the rav and they make them, I wonder if that would help the performance? We'll see.

In theory 33s are possible with 4 inches of lift, if you can counteract the lack of performance and fuel economy brought on by using them. If you can pull off 33s it would definitely look great and most likely be one of a kind. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently installed a readylift 2" kit and have the Firestone air assist in the rear. (To avoid squatting when I tow my small boat)

I currently have 235/55/R18 blizzak for my winter tires.

I was thinking of getting 30" tires for the summer on my stock wheels. 235/75/17. Tall but not super wide tires.

Wondering if they will fit.

The max size that readylift says is 245/65/17

·
Registered
331 Posts
Didn't read the whole thing because of the bickering. I am running 29.5" tires with no problems. 30's might fit, but you will have NO clearance to the strut/spring seat. I can barely get my finger between. The bigger tires do mute the snappiness a bit, but I thought the rav was a bit too snappy to start with. Mpg went down a bit, but nothing crazy.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts