Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the 2006 RAV4. I already see a limit in Accessories. Not like the Scion xB that you can order with a lot of goodies. But looks like the RAV4 has matured. It’s almost as big as a Highlander. I guess its added power demanded more weight. Still, it should move very well. I hope it come with a much needed 6 speed. Especially if the enthusiastic markets opens up with a Turbo kit. Make that a TT [Twin Turbo Kit. But, at a premium price like always. :roll:

http://www.toyota.com/rav4/experience.html

Have a look at it and post your constructive criticism. 8) Download a broshure and take a look at it.

I already see one problem. NO 5 SPEED Stick Shift for Puerto Rico. :evil:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
mensajero said:
You mean "NO 5 SPEED" stick shift ANYWHERE! :? :roll: . The new Ravs don't come in stick shift anymore.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In due time you will see people trying to change that. Which means that this forum is headed for some good times. Without a doubt new owners of RAV4 will come here for information.

What I would like to see is a picture of its engine bay. :wink:

J

·
0 Posts
garfieldgurl said:
mensajero said:
You mean "NO 5 SPEED" stick shift ANYWHERE! :? :roll: . The new Ravs don't come in stick shift anymore.
The European diesel engined RAV comes with a 6 speed manual gearbox. An automatic gearbox is not available on the diesel. :D

J

·
0 Posts
garfieldgurl said:
Why is it that all the good things are outside the US? :? 6 speed gearbox??!!! Niiiiice 8) .
We do not get the V6 engine! You win some, you lose some!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sooner or later things will fall into place. Maybe in the Dominican Republic the RAV4 5 speed will be sold their [if available at all]. A lot of people here just jump on the ferry and go and buy cars their and them just cross the channel. It is a 25 minute trip by ferry. Parts, cars, and accessories will eventually happen. What I don't see, is which engine will it use? 1MZ-FE, 3MZ, etc That is the starting point of it all. :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looking at the 3d pics of the 4.3, one question comes to mind.

How does the ground clearance compare with the 4.2? Does anyone know?

From those 3d pics, it seems like it is a lot lower compared to the 4.2, but that could just be an optical illusion because of the 4.3's added length.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts