Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had 3m film installed on their hood? I'm thinking of getting it done and curious what a body shop might charge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My dealer had it pre-installed on my RAV4. You can barely see it, I love it! I hate the old leather car bras but, this is so much better. (It was about a $500 added charge though)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had mine done aftermarket. I got a package deal which included the bumper, front section of fenders and hood, mirrors, headlights and door sills. I paid $540, and film and labor have a five year replacement warranty.

My last vehicle took a beating and sustained a lot of paint damage to the body colored bumper from bugs. It had some paint chip damage to the front of the hood also. So I really like that this car is protected. The only thing is that it seems the bugs are harder to remove from the film than from waxed paint. I intend to apply a polish to the film and see if that helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine covers in the same areas yours does and since mine is from the dealer, it has a lifetime warranty. That price doesn't seem too bad, its right on target with dealership charges. You'll love it I'm sure! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
F-Performance Furious is the best option and I confidently chose it. In terms of quality, it is just like the best American films, but at a cheaper price, so I definitely did not lose anything by choosing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts