Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am usually very careful when loading and unloading tools in the RAV but sh!t happens. Also, when my wife takes the RAV and helps her friends move stuff, something always ends up getting scratched.

Last time she helped her friends move a mattress on top of the RAV but she was not aware that I took off the crossbars 2 years ago :wall basically the mattress was on top of the sheet metal!!! But this time that was no damage.

Anyway, I ordered some 3M film from Ebay, traced, cut and installed the film today. I traced the bumper on the back since the bumper is symmetrical. Cut it with a pair of scissors and followed the instructions from 3M on Youtube
. I also cut off the part overlapping the black protector during the installation.

Went on pretty well. 99% happy with the job. It would have been 100% if I did not find one of my arm hairs under the film :eek: I just left it; I did not feel like peeling half the film off after it had been set for more than 10 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Man you have a lot of patience for this. I just slap an oem pre formed plastic protector over it. Cost me 50.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
I installed the stainless steel one :D

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually like the coloured bumper on top instead of the black protector that comes standard with 2009-2012.

I would have installed the stainless steel or OEM protector if I failed at installing this 3M film. But it was so easy; nothing like installing tinted film on windows.

It is really a quality product: stretches a little; if you want the film to bond instantaneously, just spray the alcohol and water mix.

I was so pumped from this that I went ahead and did the door sills also today.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you asking about the stainless steel protector, black plastic protector or 3M film?

Anyway they would all be availablle on Ebay, aliexpress or Amazon. The black protector is also available at you Toyota dealer for the 2006-2008.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts