Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to check on the cost of a roll of 3M door edge guard, local detail supplier had to order it in for me, $40 for a 40yd roll, plenty to do my Rav and the wife's VW, even after messing up a couple strips!! Front doors use 30", back doors use 38", fairly easy to install, but you need to go slow or you'll end up with bubbles and/or wrinkles. It's not as easy as it looks in the video, but I suppose it never is, took about an hour for all 4 doors.

3M Door Edge Guard

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Let us know how it holds up, Quick, I've been tempted to give it a try on my door edges too. I like the way my 3M invisble bra is holding up.

Another area I just had to protect is the rear side door sills - knowing my dog will scratch the hell out of them getting in & out of the back seat. Got some 3M Safety Walk tape, comes in 1" and 2-1/2" rolls - used the 1". Was simple to install, just cut to length and just some slight trimming on the contours as it narrows. Does the job really well. Now I find out the Canadian dealers have custom fit door sill protectors at a reasonable price :doh:

OC

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahem......back to the subject :) ...My Rav came with 4 sill protectors that look just like those on the Canadian site, don't they all??

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's no image other than the shrug emoticon. I didn't take a pic, you can see the sill guards on the Canadian site. Can't do a pic, their accessory configurator is in flash format.

Toyota Canada

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The Canadian version shown on Toyota Canada site shows door sill plates option in aluminum. I have the 12" black plastic ones (I assume they're ones you're referring to that we all should have). Needed more protection on the narrow lip about 1" wide just below it - that's where I put the 3M Safety Walk tape.

OC

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
And thanks to you, Quick, myself, Flyingn, and Hit The Road will soon have the body side moldings from north of the border. Great job keeping us posted with the parts and maintenance links - keep up the good work!! :thumbs_up:

OC

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here is a picture of the 3M door edge tape installed on the rear door. Tape is crystal clear. So, it is pretty difficult to see in the picture. Tape is super flexible and easily conforms to the curvature of the door edge.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The front driver's side door edge already had a nick. The 3M tape could have prevented it! If you are interested in purchasing a roll, send me a PM or email for payment details. The roll is 1" wide x 5 yards long. Cost is $12 + $3.95 S/H

1 - 13 of 13 Posts