Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting the new Rav4 and was wondering if anyone can share their experiences with the 3rd row seats. For my case I have 2 kids in car seats and am wondering how the Rav4 will do with different car seat placement options (like both in the 2nd row, one in each row, or both in the 3rd row).

I'd like the option of putting the kids into the 3rd row when visitors like the grandparents come along, but not sure how well these small 3rd rows will work.

Thanks,
-Pat

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pat,

I've found that the 3rd row works great. I have 3 kids ages 8,6,5 and I want to get a 3rd row also. It is also great if the kids start fighting and you want to seperate them or if you take a trip each can have their own space for their travel items. I like having the 3rd row. Have not seen a rav with it yet but that is part of the attraction for me and this is the smallest one that I can find with 3rd row and great gas mileage.

Has anyone else seen or have a third row? if so can you post photos?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I visited a dealer that had a Base model with the third row seats. From what I could see, they would be good for children and small adults. Grandma however would have a hard time getting to the third row . There wasn't a lot of room, but adequate. I found them to be OK,. If you need the seating, they aren't bad. I also looked at the third row seats in the new Jeep Commander. While the Jeep is bigger than the RAV4, it was harder to get to the seats and they were very. Toyota has done a better job that Jeep.

One advantage to getting the 3rd row seating if you get the 4wd and 4 cylinder, is that you get downhill assist and hill start assist (neither is standard on the 4wd 4 cylinder, but standard on the 6 cylinder).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts