Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 RAV4 sport with the V6. This came with the 3rd row seat but the previous owner pulled them so they didn't come with the car. I'm now needing that seat as our family is expanding so I need the extra room for the kids. Does anyone have this seat available for sale or know where to get one?

·
Registered
489 Posts
can the 3rd row seating be retrofitted to a non-3rd row rav4?
It can. But there are a lot of parts to do it with factory pieces, including the side panels in the trunk area, as well as the seats and seatbelts. You’re almost best to get an older used 3-row that’s rusted out and have it as a parts vehicle. You won’t want to get safety parts (seats, belts) from something that’s been crashed, as you can’t tell the condition of the systems. But yes it can be done, and there are threads on here about it. Just use the search.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
There have been numerous request to see if anyone has retrofitted a 3rd row seat but so far many people have decided not to do so due to the cost. You are better off getting a vehicle with one such as a Highlander or Sienna. The RAV4 with 3rd row seat was not a success and there are better choices out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts