Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Our local dealer is searching for a 2006 Limited V6 4x4 (not easy to locate) for us. Today he told us that you HAVE to get the 3rd row seat with the V6 as that is how they are built. Is there anybody out there that has a limited V6 and NO third row seat? I feel like the dealer is steering us wrong. Thanks for the help. :)

Adam

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Hah, guess I should've known better than to post a direct link to a specific vehicle, cuz it's sold now! :lol:

Anyhoo... That dealer, and several others in my area have more than a handful of V6 Limited 4x4's without the third row.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chances are the dealer is full of it, but there is a remote chance that they are not available in your area yet. Go to buyatoyota.com and plug in your zip, then you'll see what is possible for your area.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello!

Actually, they do exist without the third row! We have many of them in Western New York!

Just an FYI only 10% of the ENTIRE production of RAVs for the US will have 3rd rows. It is an absolute falsity to say that a third row is a requirement- the truth is that they are scarce.

To be quite honest, I think that they are only making 10% third row because there is not much room back there. Great if you need seating in an emergency or for a quick ride out to eat or something, but for an everyday commute it would be a tight squeeze if you require 7 passenger seating.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
PTW- you must put in your zip code to see if they are available in your area. All the regions are different around the country offering different options and standard items so your dealer may be right in your area..

go to toyota.com and go to build a Rav4 and put in your zip to see

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohio and NY should be in the same region.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone been able to find a V6 limited without a 3rd row AND without leather seats? In Southern California, it's one OR the other. I posted earlier that I was working on buying one, but this hitch came up. Strangely, a cloth limited w/ no 3rd row does exist for the I4, so I have decided to downgrade the engine to get that option and save the money. I was being told I could order the specific V6 limited I wanted, but with non standard options, the wait would be 4 months.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Basil Toyota Internet Mgr said:
Hello!

Just an FYI only 10% of the ENTIRE production of RAVs for the US will have 3rd rows. It is an absolute falsity to say that a third row is a requirement- the truth is that they are scarce.
The dealer man is right on. 3rd rows are hard to find! Think about it... how many people really need such a small 3rd row?

·
Registered
652 Posts
ptwilliamson said:
Hello all. Our local dealer is searching for a 2006 Limited V6 4x4 (not easy to locate) for us. Today he told us that you HAVE to get the 3rd row seat with the V6 as that is how they are built. Is there anybody out there that has a limited V6 and NO third row seat? I feel like the dealer is steering us wrong. Thanks for the help. :)

Adam
You need to find another dealer. This dealers a flat out liar and I highly doubt it would take 4 months.

How many does he have on the lot that he's pushing?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Janos,

It appears that the west coast has all of the vehicles that we can't get on the east coast, and vice versa.

I cannot find a 4x2 LTD or any 4x4's with a third row at all!

·
Registered
654 Posts
NetMinder said:
Has anyone been able to find a V6 limited without a 3rd row AND without leather seats? In Southern California, it's one OR the other...
If you're willing to drive up to Carson (about 90 min from SD), they have one V6 2WD Ltd on allocation: cloth, 3rd row seating, moonroof, JBL upgrade, side curtain airbags. Price isn't listed on the website yet (which means it's not on the lot yet) but call them and ask for Dianne Whitmire (Fleet Director) to get a quote.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone

Thank you everybody for the help. We just bought a Black limited v-6, leather, without the 3rd row. We were looking for cloth seats originally. 1500 dollars for leather/seat heater was just too steep. But the wife liked the leather and this was her first NEW car, what are you going do? We love having that extra storage space under the floor for jumper cables, etc. The dealer was very helpful.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NetMinder said:
Has anyone been able to find a V6 limited without a 3rd row AND without leather seats?
Yes sir. My week old 2006 RAV4 V6 4WD Limited came with no 3rd seat but with cloth seats. (Also includes moon roof and JBL 6CD) Western PA dealer. Don't know if various combinations are shipped to various coasts, but that's what they had here anyhow. Hope this info helps.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going through the same. Seems like the last batch of V6's had the 3rd row seat. "Better buy one with the 3rd row seat because we are not sure when we are going to see any V6s without it." I'll pass. I don't need a $700+option that I don't need or want.

I'll wait for the next batch of V6 Rav4, thank you very much.

Gary

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's very strange. What my dealer told me when I purchased by new Rav last week was that they didn't typically offer 3rd row on the limited models because that would put the price too close to the Highlander. Which makes a lot of sense, really.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts