Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, looking to buy my first RAV4. I'm looking at a 4x4 base with the third row seat, mostly to have available to haul around my children's friends (they're 2 & 5 and have small friends :wink: ) Hubby thinks its a waste of money and we don't need it. For those of you who do have it, do you like it? Is it so small and hard to access that you don't really use it? Does it affect the handling of the car? Are you satisfied with how it lies flat? Would you get it again? Any other thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
3rd row was the main reason to buy the RAV4. We like it and it is very easy to setup and retract these seats. There is not much space but for kids or smaller adults space is enough.

I know that some people joke about it but I think that this feature is great. Since you can move the 2nd row (seperately from left and right) back and forth, you will have a very flexible system. Also I like that you can only retract one seat in the 3rd row!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like it and it is the mean reason I bought it. Accessing the 3rd row like accessing the 2nd row of 2 drs. It is tight for adult (meanly because you cannot put the foot under the chair in front of you) but good enough for kids.

I don't see how it effect the handling (it is an SUV).

To make it flat it easy. I will get it again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Same here, we bought ours since it is a compact SUV but does offer the 3rd row seat. (We downsized from an Explorer.) Nice to have when our kids bring along friends, which is not often, but is convenient when the need arises. When not in use, it is flat, so only thing lost from models without 3rd row is the storage compartment in the floor, and the remote flip down controls for the 2nd row.

·
Registered
25 Posts
V6 LTD 4x4 w/ 3rd row

Totally agree with all the posts above. We bought it for the 3rd row seat. We downsized from a minivan, for MPG reasons and thought we were dragging around a lot of wasted cargo space. With the RAV4, we are getting 33% better MPG, we gained 4 wheel drive, and we have more usable space. With our van, if you wanted to carry big stuff, you had to physically remove the seats in the back and leave them behind. The RAV4 is so much more flexible, and we only have less usable space if you compare it to our van with ALL the seats removed. We have 2 kids, so the 3rd row is great for when they inevitably bring along their friends, or gramma/grandpa come along too. I tell ya, the RAV4 with 3rd row has the capacity of a mini-van, with the handling of a sportscar, and the MPG of a sedan. WIN, WIN, WIN.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Old thread I know but I was chatting with a friend with a 4runner. He said the 4runner 3rd row folds flat like the Rav4 but it's still 6" higher than without the 3rd row so you lose 6" height in the trunk. Is this the same in the rav4?

·
Registered
233 Posts
No, it is the same height, but you loose the little storage place under the trunk mat. no bid deal. I rather have it this way then getting the seat out to make space.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raffor said:
No, it is the same height, but you loose the little storage place under the trunk mat. no bid deal. I rather have it this way then getting the seat out to make space.
Awesome! Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts