Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my 2006 RAV4 Limited V6 4x4 about 2 weeks ago. However, I elected to NOT get the 3rd row seat when I ordered. I am now regretting that decision. Is it too late to add it to my order, ya think? Additional questions...

1. Would you recommend the 3rd row seat?
2. I read that it folds into the floor. Can the 3rd row seat be purchased later, and if so, will my RAV already have the space into which I'll fold the 3rd row seat. Or is that compartment only there on RAVs that come straight from the factory with the 3rd row seat?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just emailed my dealer and he said the allocation doesn't lock until the 30th, so I had him add it. Can someone confirm this thing WILL fold down into the floor when not in use, as if I never had one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
We liked the 3rd row on ours... because is hidden when no need it... and recently we have a trip, and we used the 3rd row with one children on it... and there is plenty of space under that seat to put all of our baggage.. They were just 3 days, but the baggaes for all of us were there without problem. and with the seat folded, I feel like there is more space than my old Grand Cherokee... of course the grand Ch. have the full spare tire inside.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer just called me back and said the 3rd row seat isn't available if you elect leather interior. True?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Patrick G. said:
The dealer just called me back and said the 3rd row seat isn't available if you elect leather interior. True?
Yes this is my understanding and what I have read. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patrick G. said:
Even true if the dealer installs the leather?
That is a horse of a different color. If you get it with the third row I am sure you can get custom leather applied the the third row, however the seats may not fold into the floor anymore :? But maybe not......

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just get the reply from the dealer (NY) 3rd row is not available on the limited, only available on the base model, Anyone has the limited with 3rd row in Tri-state area? I wish I can get the limited with 3rd row.... :(

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
michael said:
I just get the reply from the dealer (NY) 3rd row is not available on the limited, only available on the base model, Anyone has the limited with 3rd row in Tri-state area? I wish I can get the limited with 3rd row.... :(
Yeah, this, in my opinion, is just retarded.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3rd row IS available on the limited. It is not available with leather or the sport edition.

I habe a limited with 3rd row coming in next week. Good luck finding one!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I asked my dealer if I could just order the Limited with 3rd row seat WITHOUT leather, and then have the dealer install the leather and heating elements. He said he would have to check with his leather guy on Monday to see if he is able to do a stow-and-go seat in leather. If he cannot, I'm thinking of just ordering the Limited with the 3rd row seat, and having the dealer do leather on everything but the 3rd row seat, and on that just have it upholstered in cloth or vinyl to match the leather as well as possible. What do you think? If I order the Limited without leather, does this affect any of the other features/options I would get (i.e. Will I lose anything by ordering without leather vs. with)?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m having a hard time finding a Blizzard Pearl Rav4 V6 Limited edition with 3rd row seat in the tri-state area.

Did anyone here traveled in the 3rd row seat? If so how comfortable is it? I’m wondering whether 3rd row seat is worth the wait.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did anyone here traveled in the 3rd row seat? If so how comfortable is it? I’m wondering whether 3rd row seat is worth the wait.
You are not going to seat on that seats... just your kids... and no so often...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The third row is not for adults, it is for car seats, and small children. It has varied avalibility by region. Some areas can have it on limited and some only on the base. :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Patrick G. said:
Can you legally put the child seat in that 3rd row?
Sure, why not? If it's got seatbelts, I can't see any reason it would be illegal for a carseat (unless it was a front seat, and even then, I'm not sure it's illegal, just a bad idea).

HOWEVER, we put a carseat in the 3rd row (with child in it) for a test drive. In order for the seat to fit (Britax Roundabout, forward facing) and for the little fella to have some legroom, we had to slide the 2nd row seat ALL the way forward. His feet still looked a bit cramped to me, but I kept asking him if he had enough room and he kept replying yes. The 2nd row was REALLY tight behind the driver's seat with me driving (I sit pretty far back). The booster seat (Graco TurboBooster) in the 3rd row had considerably more legroom than the carseat did and didn't require the 2nd row to be all the way forward, but was somewhere in the middle of its travel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
3rd row leg room is cramped. An average size adult can sit back there IMO, but only for short trips around town. Better suited for children. Also, to get the leg room for the 3rd row, the second row seats need to be slid forward, so leg room gets tight when using the 3rd row seats.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 3rd row is quite cramped (for someone 6'2"), it is fine for short trips, but not very good for long trips, at least for tall people. I have filled all seven seats with people twice and they told me the third row wasn't bad for the time they were in there, however they would not sit there for long trips.
hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts