Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some talk on Edmunds about the 3rd row seating Rav4 and the problem to lay flat the 40% portion of the 2nd row seating. It looks like this seat is made for entrance the third row and thus cannot be folded down. :shock:

Can anybody confirm this please? Thanks...

·
Registered
122 Posts
you CAN make the 40% portion (passanger side seat) fold down flat.. there are two handles on the seat.. one of it is for entering third row.. and the other one is to fold it flat..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for all your replies. I tested the seats before I signed the papers. Yes, they do lay flat. Don't know what all the fuzz was about on Edmunds.

Thanks again... :wink:

A

·
0 Posts
Mine is V4 LTD with 3row seat. .The sales guy told me that it cannot be lay flat down..and he demnostrated me also.
How you guys made it flat?
Would you explain..

·
Registered
122 Posts
amy said:
Mine is V4 LTD with 3row seat. .The sales guy told me that it cannot be lay flat down..and he demnostrated me also.
How you guys made it flat?
Would you explain..
first, move the 2nd row seat as back as you can
second, pull the handles on the top side of the seat..
third, boom... it folds down flat.. ^^

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is only one handle that does it all, and the handle is located at the top outside of each seat. Like said before, you need to put your seat in the back sliding posiiton and just fold it down by pulling the lever to the front. Just checked it again, they fold down flat!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Raffor said:
There is only one handle that does it all, and the handle is located at the top outside of each seat. Like said before, you need to put your seat in the back sliding posiiton and just fold it down by pulling the lever to the front. Just checked it again, they fold down flat!
if you have 3rd row seat.. there will be 2 handles on the 2nd row passanger side seat (40% portion).

A

·
0 Posts
I tried today, the second row 40% seat has 2 handles on the right top corner, As you mentioned i moved the seat completely back and pulled the seconde handle(not the top one) and it completely folded to the flat.

The 60% portion seat has only one handle and it does the same..

But there is big gap between the third row folded seat and the second row folded seat..6 inch gap..so if we put any small items in the
third row cargo it will definetly go inside the gap when vechile moves.

Looks like design flaw...

·
Registered
122 Posts
i believe that the 6 inch gap you are talking about is for those poor people seatting in the 3rd row to have a place to put their legs.. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts