Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 5 passenger Rav that I regularly use to haul material from Home Depot and tow with a 1125lb capacity trailer (Harbor Freight) which causes the rear to swap a bit. I searched through the forum and people recommend putting in the 3rd row springs which is a cheap and easy fix, but no one mentioned if it would cause the rear to sit up any higher? I actually don't mind a 1" lift since the factory hitch sits way too low in my opinion, just need to find a way to level out the front. I have a v6 so I can't put v6 springs and prefer not to put a spacer in the front (new front springs would be ideal).

I had the rear suspension recall done which from my understanding uses fixed arms so no alignment can be done? So if I just swap out my rear springs with 3rd row ones, I don't need to worry about getting the rear aligned?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2009 5 passenger Rav that I regularly use to haul material from Home Depot and tow with a 1125lb capacity trailer (Harbor Freight) which causes the rear to swap a bit. I searched through the forum and people recommend putting in the 3rd row springs which is a cheap and easy fix, but no one mentioned if it would cause the rear to sit up any higher? I actually don't mind a 1" lift since the factory hitch sits way too low in my opinion, just need to find a way to level out the front. I have a v6 so I can't put v6 springs and prefer not to put a spacer in the front (new front springs would be ideal).

I had the rear suspension recall done which from my understanding uses fixed arms so no alignment can be done? So if I just swap out my rear springs with 3rd row ones, I don't need to worry about getting the rear aligned?

Thanks!
I have a 2011 Rav4 V6 with the 3rd row, it def seems to sit up a bit higher beside a sport . Maybe 1/2-1inch. The rear springs ride a bit stiff but it’s great if your towing. I sometime pull a boat close to 3000lbs and there is only a small amount of drop in the rear springs.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I have a 2011 Rav4 V6 with the 3rd row, it def seems to sit up a bit higher beside a sport . Maybe 1/2-1inch. The rear springs ride a bit stiff but it’s great if your towing. I sometime pull a boat close to 3000lbs and there is only a small amount of drop in the rear springs.
That would make sense since the third row springs are thicker than the Sport. I am sure the ride is worse than my Sport.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have never been a fan of "in the spring" bags. I have a set of real firestone bags from my truck, but have not installed them. The third row springs do a pretty good job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts