Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing my first overall servicing on a 97 that I picked up for a song. Great little car with 177K on it and it runs very well. I have the Haynes manual, have looking online at line drawings, searched this forum- but I still can't locate the d%*#//@d drain plug. I think I have early onset, or something. Is it on the rear of the engine (underneath, facing the front bumper) to the right of the transfer case? I just can't seem to locate it. Is it right there, or not easy to see?
At the moment I have system cleaner and distilled water in it, but left in about a quart of the old coolant. When I flush and add the new coolant I'd like have all the old out.

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
Here is a picture from TOYODIY.com. Make a note of it, you'll need it and its free. Not easy to see because it's located on the back of the block. These are the part numbers so you can find it easier.

This is for the block
11415APLUG, WATER DRAIN COCK(FOR CYLINDER BLOCK)90345-52001
This is for the radiator
16400BPLUG, RADIATOR DRAIN COCK16417-15210

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much!

My problem, I think, is that I needed to raise the car higher so that I could nose around better on the back side of the engine and to the right of the transfer case, which was obstructing my view.

"Even a blind squirrel..."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.