Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my dilemma ....I have a 1998 4.1 awd w/manual transmission....I live in Jackson Wyoming and I'm looking to tinker my way into a cool little trucklet towing adventure rig....so...suspension ...OME kit...just a little lift...best brake upgrade using Toyota parts?...rear wheel disk upgrade?...and motor...I'm not looking for speed...I'm looking decent low end torque and smooth operation with least amount of conversion headaches ....so in my research I have come up with a few choices...the 3sge grey top seems the best fit....but it only came with an auto trans.....so the ecu harness doesn't like my manual transmission ....the red top seems great but I read the torque I want kicks in around 4000.....that's not good in snow and backcountry....then comes the 3sgte...seems a little much for what I'm looking for....but still might give me everything I'm looking for....but a lot of little mods ....any info or references to Lead me to a succesful conversion would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advance

·
Registered
109 Posts
Which cars came with the 'grey' top 3sge? Or what generation of 3sge is the Grey top referred to? I could do with a bit more torque down low and I'm already an auto.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Which cars came with the 'grey' top 3sge? Or what generation of 3sge is the Grey top referred to? I could do with a bit more torque down low and I'm already an auto.
The grey top came from caldinas but some sites/forums says that it is also fitted on JDM rav4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts