Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just bought a 2000 RAV 4 Wagon, Petrol and Manual Transmission.

I am just wondering if these things
http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/img2016052919zy9jk0dup4.jpg
are the actual tow points. One of the preowners installed a nudge bar on there... More or less proper... anyway how good are those tow points? Just good enough for towing it after breakdown or even for recovery out of the mud (no snatch straps, just steady ;-) )

Have you got better ideas for recovery? I had a 2000 Kia Sportage where I installed 2 heavy duty hooks on the frame, very easy. Underneath the Rav 4 is a lot of plastic. Is behind the plastic something where I could install some good hooks?

Thanks in advice. Greetings from Australia
Sorry if there is already the same topic, wasn't able to find anything.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the forum......Yap. Those two are the front hook points. installing a brush guard eliminates their functionality as your pic. illustrates. Rav has no "frame". It is a unibody....Not sure where else you would install/weld hook points without major reinforcement......But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you RavRacer!

Have you got an idea how good the tow Points are? I have a 1,6t hand winch, so it would be 1,6t on each point when I use a pulley. Is that ok?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Late reply but I just got done pulling a Subaru BRZ with one of the front tow hooks on my 96 RAV4.

BRZ has a curb weight of approximately 1,4t and I had no issues what so ever.

Thank you RavRacer!

Have you got an idea how good the tow Points are? I have a 1,6t hand winch, so it would be 1,6t on each point when I use a pulley. Is that ok?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts