Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am trying to install some accessories onto my 2001 4.2 2-door.

Specifically the side steps and nudge, but parts are very hard to come by for the 2-door in Australia.

I have found parts for the 4.1 2-door however.

My initial research shows that the 2 generations share a platform, but after consulting the local dealer and official parts sales office, they had no idea if it was compatible.
What they did tell me was that the part numbers are different for the 2 generations, and obviously has been discontinued.

Searching through the forums here, it does seem that it is not quite compatible, unless some modifications are done.

Wanted to see if anyone here has any experience putting 4.1 parts on a 4.2?

Just to clarify, I have no car repair experience, and will be getting someone to help with installing these parts.

If it's too much trouble to modify to have things fit, then will probably pass on the 4.1 parts and keep looking for 4.2 versions.

Cheers all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
They don't fit without major headaches. I managed to find some correct side steps. It's not so much the actual step but the connecting bracket is completly different

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your feedback!

I literally just picked up a set of 4.1 parts a few hours ago at a decent price.

Hopefully I can get my mechanic to get it to fit with some modifications.

Thank you for the reply once again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts