Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dealership just called me back. Stage 1 fix done to the transmission, they want me to drive it and see if the issue persists. I imagine it will, but I'll humor them.

The cool thing is they fixed the steering pop by replacing the intermediate shaft...and covered it under the powertrain warranty. ( EDIT: they just called me back saying that they did NOT fix it under warranty, and it would 450$ to fix ) Screw that.

Once I eventually get the remanned tranny put in, it should drive much quieter, and I'll likely keep it for a few more years. Only thing that makes me nervous is the fact the I'll be out of warranty in 4 months. Water pump, timing chain etc etc...could be expensive, but thems the breaks I guess. I like not having a car payment right now....on the flipside...I can get 17,000 TIV for it right now...

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'll be joining in the somewhat near future as my 07 is approaching 73,000 miles. I have never had a car past 86,000 miles or so, so it will be a first for me even when my RAV hits 90K.

It will be interesting to see how many miles I can get out of her. I am DEFINITELY not the type to get a new car every 3-5 years (even though my track-record so far says otherwise).

I'm all about keeping a car for as long as it will go :cool:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I will have mine until the wheels fall off
Amen to that.

Do you think it's possible to get 250K or 300K in newer cars? I know the Yotas and Hondas of the 80s and early 90s could do it no problem.

I guess we'll see :cool:

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,513 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I'll be joining in the somewhat near future as my 07 is approaching 73,000 miles. I have never had a car past 86,000 miles or so, so it will be a first for me even when my RAV hits 90K.

It will be interesting to see how many miles I can get out of her. I am DEFINITELY not the type to get a new car every 3-5 years (even though my track-record so far says otherwise).

I'm all about keeping a car for as long as it will go :cool:
This is the longest I've kept a car as well. Hey, its paid for, why not keep it as long as I can? Plus I have college bound kids. I just gave it a wash today. It's really holding up well after 137,000 miles. I never got to wax it (or Zaino) this year, so the shine is from last October...

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah I know its not as new as yours but my 1998 has well over 200000 and I have not had any major problems. well timing belt and water pump but that is it. I am hoping to go 300000 with no problems. mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll be there by the end of next month. You guys are getting me excited and I'm hoping I'll join the 200K club (pain free of course) before it's all said and done!

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I'll be there by the end of next month. You guys are getting me excited and I'm hoping I'll join the 200K club (pain free of course) before it's all said and done!
I don't see why we can't get into the 200,000 mile club. I'm so impressed with this Toyota that I will have a tough time not going with Toyota for my next car. The RAV4 has so many more miles than my other two cars and had way less problems. Next year I may hand this Toyota down to one of my kids (sorta like the commercial). I'm starting to think about a Tacoma, in black of course, lift kit, exhaust, black rims, etc. :)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
As of today I am sitting at 55, 750 so I have a way to go, I guess I really have low mileage for my RAV being 5 years old.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't see why we can't get into the 200,000 mile club. I'm so impressed with this Toyota that I will have a tough time not going with Toyota for my next car. The RAV4 has so many more miles than my other two cars and had way less problems. Next year I may hand this Toyota down to one of my kids (sorta like the commercial). I'm starting to think about a Tacoma, in black of course, lift kit, exhaust, black rims, etc. :)
SB, +1 on a Taco. I love those trucks, they can be seriously [email protected]$$ with the mods you listed.

Especially in black :cool:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm approaching 76K on my '07, so I should be able to join the club in a year or two :cool:

61 - 80 of 112 Posts