Discussion Starter #1
kelly
can you make a forum for the 4.3 europ rav 4

because the car is so different from the US rav4
We can discus there about the europ rav4

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I wouldn't say it's "so different"... Sure, Europe's RAV4 is 8 inches shorter, has three fuel-sipping powertrains and a good handful of features and options not available in the rest of the world, but it's still the same car.

Would you have us also segregate the Japanese RAV's (which are currently the only ones with a CVT slushbox and a huge offering of home-market-only options inside and out) and all the other world regions as well?

I say nay! :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think a lot more europeen people are reading this forum than japanese people.

they want to discus
the diesel engine
the six speed gearbox
the shorter car
the GPS system
etc...............

·
Registered
420 Posts
geudens said:
they want to discus
the diesel engine
the six speed gearbox
the shorter car
the GPS system
etc...............
It would be way better if Europeans actually discussed these things instead of posting off-topic whines about how they are unable to discuss them. I, for one, is very curious about RAV4 around the world.

I can see why Japanese would not grace us with the participation. The majority of them are not good with Engrish, so it's not a comfortable environment for them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only in England they speake english
the rest of europ speak an other langluage

for the most of us it's very difficult to write in english.

So we are not so diffirent from the japenese people

But i have not see any japanese posts yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I was trying to make a point.

This forum was graciously created by Kelly -- who lives in the US, so yes, it's English-based -- with the express intentions of bringing people together around the world (which it has done very well) with one thing in common: the Toyota RAV4. Whether they own one now, owned one in the past, or have as little as a passing interest in our loveable little SUV is of no concern. There's nothing here that precludes anyone from a topic discussion, whether it applies to them or not, other than language barriers and access to the Internet.

On a sidenote... What exactly does exclusively discussing the shorter RAV4 buy us... "How small a parking space can you fit in?" :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
geudens said:
only in England they speake english
the rest of europ speak an other langluage

for the most of us it's very difficult to write in english.

So we are not so diffirent from the japenese people

But i have not see any japanese posts yet.
Point being, many people in Europe speak different languages, so if we all spoke in our own, it would be quite hectic... :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
By the way, Euro diesel is not that far away, graces of Toyota be with us. Chrysler installs a former Mercedes common-rail diesel on Jeep Liberty for sale in the U.S. I'm sure Toyota could do the same, if only they saw a market. The problem (for us) is, the RAV4 with V-6 petrol engine is too economical when compared to Liberty with V-6. It is way lighter, its drivetrain is more modern, and its aerodynamics is better. Liberty got its diesel because it was well known for being a gas guzzler. So I am not holding my hopes high. I am just saying that it's not impossible.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Re: 4.3 europ

geudens said:
kelly
can you make a forum for the 4.3 europ RAV 4

because the car is so different from the US RAV4
We can discus there about the europ RAV4
Karrock pretty well summed it up. At this point in time... with the size and budget (free 8) ) of RAV4World... anybody from any country is free to post anything they want (as long as they stick to our Posting Guidelines. Fee free to start any topics you want about the European models. That's why we have the COUNTRY FLAG under each member's name... so we know at a glance... where they are from :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts