Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you believe Toyota had NINE 4.3 Ravs on the floor of the Chicago Auto Show?!! I couldn't believe it! They only had 3 FJ Cruisers, 2 or 3 Highlanders, I think just one 4Runner and Land Cruiser, 2 Avalons, and 2 Corollas. I can't recall how many Camrys but there were several of those, and at least 3 of the Yaris. The Toyota display was HUGE, but the 4.3 Rav was absolutely the prime focus and people were all over them!

What you've gotta see though is the modded 4.3 V6 4x4. It was *gorgeous*. Amazing paint job, body kit, hood scoop, etc. I took lots of pics so be sure to look for them in my album.

I *think* this link will work for everybody:

http://www.photoworks.com/share/shareLanding.jsp?shareCode=AB5E4C2C02E&cb=PW

Enjoy!

Becky

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
GREAT photos Becky! The LINK and SLIDESHOW worked very nice 8)

That "custom chrome grill" on the customized 2006 RAV4 RED Sport model looks like the stole it off a 2006 "Limited" :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
GREAT photos Becky! The LINK and SLIDESHOW worked very nice 8)

That "custom chrome grill" on the customized 2006 RAV4 RED Sport model looks like the stole it off a 2006 "Limited" :lol:
Kelly, are you still getting a V6?

G

·
0 Posts
wow...now i know what to do next for my rav4 :D I need those 20 inch wheels at least! hahaha..wonder if this can be provided through the dealership later

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
csis_agent said:
NO WAY!! :O :O :O
Actually it's my wife that wants to see the FJ before we put money down on the V6 RAV4. At this point she's also wanting the new RAV, but before spending almost 30k... she wants to see everything Toyota currently offers.

For those of you out there that don't know... my wife and I have been driving our RAV4 since Feb. of 1996. This is the FIRST vehicle we've ever owned for 10 years :!: Kinda speaks for the RAV4 quality 8)

Apologies to Becky for taking her "Chicago Auto Show" thread waaaaaaaaaaaay off topic :?

C

·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
csis_agent said:
NO WAY!! :O :O :O
Actually it's my wife that wants to see the FJ before we put money down on the V6 RAV4. At this point she's also wanting the new RAV, but before spending almost 30k... she wants to see everything Toyota currently offers.

For those of you out there that don't know... my wife and I have been driving our RAV4 since Feb. of 1996. This is the FIRST vehicle we've ever owned for 10 years :!: Kinda speaks for the RAV4 quality 8)

Apologies to Becky for taking her "Chicago Auto Show" thread waaaaaaaaaaaay off topic :?
wow!! I love the NEW FJ cruisers, but they are too harsh on gas.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I liked the FJ's, they look really nice in person. But then I usually do like the looks of the tough-style SUVs like the Xterra etc. They had the yellow, blue, and a silver one. I had never seen the silver before and it was nice, but too many people around it to get pics. I sat in one and it was comfy but very much the rugged look. The only really bad thing I think is those silver things that stick out of the front bumper, because they popped off way too easy and I think they'll be flying all over the road when people start driving these things. :lol: Interestingly, they didn't have the gas mileage listed on the sign for the FJ, so that's probably a bad sign!

Becky

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
KBB sez...

Automatic V6, 2WD, City 18 Hwy 22

Manual V6, 4WD, City 16 Hwy 19

Automatic V6, 4WD, City 17 Hwy 21

:shock:

That's why FJ is pretty much off my buy list... :?

P

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the picts Becky! Good job. Where in Hellinois are you? Im west of Naperville.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
purduealum91 said:
Thanks for the picts Becky! Good job. Where in Hellinois are you? Im west of Naperville.
Hellinois, I like that! :lol:

I'm actually in SE Wisconsin, Racine to be specific. We spend as many weekends as we can afford in Chicago every year, usually somewhere between two and four. Hopefully in a few years when they complete the KRM rail--the Metra extension through to Milwaukee--we'll visit more often (we Amtrak now, but the KRM will make it cheap enough to run back and forth frequently). In the meantime Ricky's and my taste for pricey downtown hotels prevents us from going more. :roll:

Becky

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thanks Becky for sharing the Chicago Auto Show with the rest of us! :D

Interesting seeing a NASCAR Camry :!: :?: :!: I would have never imagined that our other "family" car is considered a NASCAR racer. :lol:

That 2007 Camaro is awesome!!!! 8)

And I can't wait to test drive the FJ Cruiser, reminds me of the old school Land Cruisers. :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep, great pictures at the Show. I went on Valentine's Day. I wish that hood scoop on that Red Sport was available on all of the RAV4 models. I want a Limited, but I want the scoop too.....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I don't get why they eliminated the scoop from the 4.3 Rav. That modded one at the Chicago Auto Show was definitely proof that the scoop looks nice on the new body style! It was a real beauty!

Becky

1 - 16 of 16 Posts