Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is always a lot of hype involving a new model. When the new Avalon came out last year, the Edmunds.com Avalon forum was averaging 40 to 50 new posts every day. Now, I notice 5 to 10 new posts daily. I would guess that in a few months, the 4.3 posts here will decrease considerably.

I have been visiting this forum regularly since 1998, and to be honest , I enjoyed the forum more before this 4.3 B.S. got started.

Cal

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why would you call the 4.3 section BS? Was the 4.2 section BS too after it came out?? amazing... The 4.3 is the BEST selling Rav Toyota has ever made..

CalL said:
There is always a lot of hype involving a new model. When the new Avalon came out last year, the Edmunds.com Avalon forum was averaging 40 to 50 new posts every day. Now, I notice 5 to 10 new posts daily. I would guess that in a few months, the 4.3 posts here will decrease considerably.

I have been visiting this forum regularly since 1998, and to be honest , I enjoyed the forum more before this 4.3 B.S. got started.

Cal

·
Registered
682 Posts
I personally don't agree with the BS comment but 4.3 owners don't understand how the forum was before the 4.3 came out. There used to be a lot of talk about modding and accessorising which has pretty much stopped now that most of the posts are about what price people bought their 4.3 for. I got nothing against that but i believe the true aura of the forum has been lost. Funny thing is that here's still talk about modding on the RAV4OZ forums as 4.3 talk is almost non existent there! :lol:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya mohit. But the 4.3 section is basically new people with the new Ravs.. The other sections should be as they always have. No? I would hope that the 4.2 qnd 4.1 sections should not be effected.. At least I hope not.. That would not be right.

·
Registered
542 Posts
hehehe, i don't even look at the 4.3 posts (or 4.2 for that matter) and i haven't noticed any difference either way!!!!

rav4's rule.... whatever flavor it comes in!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Natural Progression

It is a natural progression for the forum to get busy with the release of a new model. I own a 4.2 and enjoy "reading and learning" about all the "Amazing' Mod's" these 4.1 owners have done with their cars. :wink:

As the next generation is introduced the previous generation postings subside. Partly, because these owners have finished "personalizing" their cars and are satisfied with the outcome of their investment.

How busy a section is... Is not based only on whether one model is more successful then the other. We've all talked about price, mods, complaints, nicety and maintenance of our cars.

If you really want to "break it down"

I think now that the V6 is hitting the streets.
This forum will get another spike in postings and I welcome all the traffic.
The more the merrier. :D

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yup... rub it in there flyingn :lol:

I get to be moderator of the 4.1 section, and there really is not much to moderate over there. Actually the only job I actually do is move 4.3 posts from new forum members who inadvertently place there topics in our forums. :lol:

Yeah, we had our day in the sun; now it looks like the sun is finally setting for us 4.1 RAVers. Just remember which RAV started it all in the first place! :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Before the 4.3 forums were created, I spent about 2 weeks reading through 4.2 forums and some 4.1. It was because of these forums that helped me make the decision to buy a RAV.

I think (hope) the 4.3 will eventually have more talk about mods and I agree with others it's such a hot topic (SUV) right now, so many people are new to Toyotas (like myself) and want to know more about the 4.3 RAV. I get a lot of people asking me at work about my RAV, people that I have never spoken before!

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats right Derek!! ALL Ravs share a bloodline that it rich in history in th eSUV world..

Derek said:
Yup... rub it in there flyingn :lol:

I get to be moderator of the 4.1 section, and there really is not much to moderate over there. Actually the only job I actually do is move 4.3 posts from new forum members who inadvertently place there topics in our forums. :lol:

Yeah, we had our day in the sun; now it looks like the sun is finally setting for us 4.1 RAVers. Just remember which RAV started it all in the first place! :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
flyingn said:
looks like in 3 months time that the 4.3 section has been alive it has taken over as the most total posts in any section here.. wow. Thats how amazing the 4.3's are:)
Yyyyeah, ok. 8-}

From what I have gathered, the forums were reset last january after being alive and active for *years*. Looking at archive.org's versions of older snapshots of the forums, the 4.3 has a LONG way to go to match that.

4.1 forums:
- Since Jan 2005 reset:
1769+1314+1279+1562=5924
- Old forum posts:
5377+7717+3573=16667
-----------------------------------
== 22591

4.2 forums:
- Since Jan 2005 reset:
3608+1744+1481+1443=8276
- Old forum posts:
12699+8762+4009=25470
----------------------------------
== 33746

4.3: 6197+1013+959+590=8759

Not that anyone's counting. ;-}

At current posting rates, the 4.3 section won't come out "on top" until sometime in 2007. At which time flyingn will have over 6,000 posts. [1]

Since the forum reset, there has been nothing in the 4.1 or 4.2 world to generate the posting interest that the 4.3 currently has (which has been mentioned already). Currently there are buyers giddy with their recent purchases and potential buyers trawling for deals and information. The press buzz is building.

But these too shall pass.

I came to rav4world *after* purchase of 4.2, but at a time when all the 4.2-ers here were past that. The only reason I read the 4.3 forums with any interest is that there is info there of concern to me that is non-4.3 specific (taking care of a new car, general accessory questions, etc).

Still, I would love to see some 4.2 content I might have missed from the old versions of the forums. Kelly, the offer still stands to try and help rescue the old database data and possibly re-posting it.

-Brian

[1] Honestly. In 2.5 months flyingn has just about twice the number of posts of *anyone* else on this board. That's about 17 posts EVERY day. I don't know whether to shake my head or be jealous - I never seem to have the time to respond to any email or post here and I envy those that do sometimes... 8-} [2]

[2] But only sometimes. ;-}

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
flyingn said:
... The 4.3 is the BEST selling RAV Toyota has ever made..
That's sort of difficult to predict since the 4.3 has only been sold for a few months. :D

You have to realize that the 4.1 RAVs were sold between 1995 - 2000.
The 4.2 RAVs were sold between 2001 - 2005.

I am not sure which generation sold more units to date, but I would have to say that either the 4.1 or 4.2 RAVs have sold the most ever. We'll come back to this topic at the end of the 4.3 model run. :lol:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not a prediction its a fact. In Feb it was the #1 SUV in the US with the shortest amount of time on the ground. That means it was sold faster then any other suv in the US.

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3354

Derek said:
flyingn said:
... The 4.3 is the BEST selling RAV Toyota has ever made..
That's sort of difficult to predict since the 4.3 has only been sold for a few months. :D

You have to realize that the 4.1 RAVs were sold between 1995 - 2000.
The 4.2 RAVs were sold between 2001 - 2005.

I am not sure which generation sold more units to date, but I would have to say that either the 4.1 or 4.2 RAVs have sold the most ever. We'll come back to this topic at the end of the 4.3 model run. :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't care if the 4.3 sells a million units a month. I prefer a car that is a bit more exclusive. I love the looks of the PT Cruiser and would have bought one several years ago except for the fact that "everybody has one".

If the 4.3 sells as well as the Flying man says, then next year he will see a RAV just like his everytime he drives around the block.

Cal

1 - 20 of 24 Posts