Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from a Memorial Day long weekend trip. Managed to take in Vegas, the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon - all very impressive in their own ways.

Anyway, over the course of the thousand miles or so, I couldn't believe the number of 4.3's on the road. Up until now I haven't seen that many, but at the Grand Canyon National Park in particular, they were everywhere.

My own V6 Sport was a star on the journey.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too bad - about 24mpg. It was mainly freeway, cruising at about 80mph, but included a lot of climbing over mountains and stop-start crawling over the Hoover Dam and getting into the Grand Canyon NP.

The interesting thing was the variation in gas proces along the way. Regular 87 varied in price from $2.86 a gallon in Middle-o-Nowhere Arizona, to $3.98 :shock: in Baker (is Baker in California or Nevada - I can't remember) on the I15 heading to Vegas. Blatent profiteering.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just have not seen them. Now I have not taken any long trips, the farthest was Denver, about 60 miles, and I don't drive as much as others because I walk to work, but I have only seen a couple. One is a woman I work with I see every day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have seen three others in my company's parking lot (employs about 2500 people); and that's just in the smaller lot that I park in.
3 base, 1 limited; all I4; red, lt blue, tan, silver. Brought my wife's in to work today to join the party.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a trip of 1100 miles through Virginia, WV, Kentucky and Ohio (and back) I saw two other RAV4.3's. One was black and one was lt.green.

I have only seen 2 others prior to that.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
saw about 5

over the past week I've seen 5 or 6 Ravs on the highways here in CT. Not surprising the dealer that I have ordered my Rav from has 30 in stock right now.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see them all the time now too. Mostly I see the silver ones, which is what I got for my mom. So every time I see one, I have to check if it's hers. I'm just not used to seeing them. I hadn't noticed a single one on the road until I was told to go drive one by the Honda sales guy (for real!).

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm seeing a few more RAV 4.3s but still not as common as MB MLs, Acura MDXs, and Lexus RXs; those are a dime-a-dozen around so Cal. :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
We got our's on 5/21. Blizzard Pearl.. We had to wait for this car approx 5 weeks. I was checking dealera as far away as texas. seemed as if there was nothing out there except. silver, silver, silver. Black, black, back, and the other white..
It has been two weeks and I think we have the only one in our town. We live 50 miles north of SF and it is amazing how few of the new Rav4's we have seen.
First tank of gas came in at 23 mpg with the 4 banger 2whl drive
Not bad for this size car.
Spoke with a buddy on the east coast who lives in NYC. He has 40o miles on a V-6 4 whl Dr and averaged 13 mpg. I guess sitting in stop and go traffic doesn't help the mpg :roll:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Seen only a couple

Seen 1 Everglade on April 1st, just like what I ordered. Only seen 1 more since that was silver. When I get mine next week, it will be fun having the only one around! Or, will I then see the same as mine every other car that passes?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can second that, we went to Yosemite last weekend and there were a lot of new Rav4s. Traffic was horrible and once when everyone was stopped I could see 3 other ones besides mine! Toyota did a good job this time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have only seen about 5 over the last 2 months...then yesterday I saw 2 blizzard and everglade (plus mine, pacific blue, arrived on monday!) so sounds like they are finally getting in stock, etc. :)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We saw several while on vacation in WV. I believe we counted 5 in the small town and then about 5 or 6 while traveling there and then back again. Before that I had only seen a few. I am wondering if they were available in the south before the north.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After four months of ownership with infrequent sightings, I'm starting to notice them all over the place. In fact, I've been spotting one almost every day now, particularly the silver ones. I guess my silver baby isn't alone anymore. It was fun standing out in the crowd for the short while it lasted.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
AlexNJ said:
After four months of ownership with infrequent sightings, I'm starting to notice them all over the place. In fact, I've been spotting one almost every day now, particularly the silver ones. I guess my silver baby isn't alone anymore. It was fun standing out in the crowd for the short while it lasted.
I still stand out amoung all the silver beauties....

I have side molding :mrgreen:

On the funny side..

When I went to the dealer to pick up my molding I wasn't paying much attention when I when back to my RAV.

I briefly stood next to a silver RAV pressing my key fob and wondering why the door would not unlock..

Duh...I was still 3 cars away from mine :wall

1 - 19 of 19 Posts