22 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Autoguide.com - 2013 RAV4 vs 2014 CX-5

I don't know what kind of driving they were doing to get only 19 & 22 MPG out of these two, wish they would have stated that. I drove both back to back and really liked the CX-5 but there's a reason I went with the 2013 RAV4.

But if we all liked the same things then the world would be a boring place.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Agreed - the mpg is bogus in that review. Not worth commenting on.

THIS is worth commenting on:
Cargo Capacity Seats up/ folded:
CX5: 34.1/65.4 cu. ft.
Rav4:38.4 cu. ft/73.4 cu. ft which is best in the entire class (CRV, Escape, Santa Fe, etc)

And that is why I couldn't seriously consider the CX5 and one of the many reasons I love the Rav4.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not to post a me too, but I had the same exact thoughts with the CX5 and Rav4 and that's why I have a Rav4

-d

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ehhh, I think the road noise they even mention and a lot of people complain about here puts XLE on top. Also cause it was CA the $25,9 price is a XLE AWD in USA.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I test drove the Rav4 twice in the past 2 weeks. And I noticed a few things:

Pros: It looks better than any vehicle in its class to me.(compact suv/crossover)
It drives very well.
Nice features.

Cons: Back seat is very tight in the middle.
No auto lights
No way to open the trunk from inside the vehicle or from the key.
Kind of pricey

All in all, I'm pretty much hooked. My biggest issue is the back seat. If you have 3 people, the person in the middle will be very cramped. I have a Camry, and it feels much more spacious in the back for the person in the middle. Other than that, and the other issues, this will be my next vehicle.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Cons: Back seat is very tight in the middle.
No auto lights
No way to open the trunk from inside the vehicle or from the key.
Kind of pricey
I have a Limited, so that may answer a few of these...
I do have auto lights.
I have a button to the left of the steering wheel to open the trunk from the inside.
There is a button on my smart key to open the trunk, too.

I thought the backseat was tight, too. I took out a tape measure and it was the *exact* width, door handle to door handle, as my 2004 Highlander. I guess it must be an optical illusion for me.

I also test drove the CR-V, CX-5, and Ford Escape. Size wise, only the CR-V comes close. The other two have much smaller cargo areas (very important to me). I like the styling, seats, drive, and features on the Rav4 much better than the CR-V. The only thing the CR-V had was a remote starter that had the ability to increase/decrease temperature remotely, and also provide verification that the remote was working. This is important when I travel with my dogs. The CR-V didn't have the smart key, though, which is probably why they had that remote... I don't think they could do it on the smart key.

LOVE my Rav. 2k miles in about 6 weeks (unusually high for us...long story). Absolutely love it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do have auto lights.
I have a button to the left of the steering wheel to open the trunk from the inside.
I have a Limited too. I also have auto lights, and also have the trunk button by the steering wheel and on the smart key.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do have auto lights.

I thought the backseat was tight, too. I took out a tape measure and it was the *exact* width, door handle to door handle, as my 2004 Highlander. I guess it must be an optical illusion for me.

I also test drove the CR-V, CX-5, and Ford Escape. Size wise, only the CR-V comes close. The other two have much smaller cargo areas (very important to me). I like the styling, seats, drive, and features on the Rav4 much better than the CR-V. The only thing the CR-V had was a remote starter that had the ability to increase/decrease temperature remotely, and also provide verification that the remote was working. This is important when I travel with my dogs. The CR-V didn't have the smart key, though, which is probably why they had that remote... I don't think they could do it on the smart key.

LOVE my Rav. 2k miles in about 6 weeks (unusually high for us...long story). Absolutely love it.

Good luck!
I hear what you are saying, but I don't think that you should have to get the highest model, just to get basic features like auto lights, and some sort of trunk release.

I hear you about the size comparisons too, but it is still very small, my Camry and Accord are both more spacious.

Glad that you like yours, as I hope to purchase 1, or maybe even 2 between June and July.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
To open the hatch manually, there is an emergency release inside behind an access panel. Details in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
73 Posts
To open the hatch manually, there is an emergency release inside behind an access panel. Details in the owner's manual.
ok thanks

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
141 - 160 of 172 Posts
About this Discussion
171 Replies
44 Participants
RAV N US
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing