1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do you have the speakers connected directly from the head unit, or is connected to an amp. If anything, you don't really need a noise filter. One thing you could try is adding a smalll capacitor to the speaker connections. I think you had to connect it in between the connectors (one end on +, the other end of the cap on -). Although, I'm not sure about the way to connect it, nor if I remember the size of the cap. I'm sure you can google about this. I remember a friend doing the same thing a while back. It worked great for him.

If it's attached to an amp, you might want to do the rememdy that I suggested in the other post about this.

You might want to double check your connections behind the head unit too. There might be a power wire crossing with the sound wires.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Assuming that you have the speakers connected to your amp, you might need to check the wiring to and from the amp. Make sure that your signal cables (the RCAs or regular speaker connection) to the amp are far apart from the power cables. Having the power and signal cables together usually causes that ground loop buzzing that you're hearing.

If that doesn't help, try getting new power and ground wires. Bigger is better in this case, but I'd stay w/ a 4 AWG wire...unless you got a real powerful amp. Also, the path from the amp to ground is reasonably short, and do not loop the ground wire to the amp. Make sure that it's connected directly to the chassis.

I hope this helps a little if not at all.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I had the same problem two years ago. I installed a ground loop isolator ($15 from Wal-Mart) on the RCA audio cables between the head unit and the amplifier, and it solved the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts