Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just purchased my brand new 2015 XLE, AWD. Yes, it was a left over on a lot and it had everything I wanted on it, even in the only color I wanted, which is Super White with grey interior! I love it!

Anyway, still learning about it. While looking in the glove box, we found 4 black rubber end caps. Does anyone know what these are for? There are 2 packages of 2 caps in each package and have some foreign language written on the outside.

Thanks,
Chabbie1

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
The rubber caps are for holes in the undersides of the rocker panels - one behind the front wheel and the other in front of the rear wheel, on each side. The holes were for tie downs when the RAV was being transported.

Reactions: Chabbie1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You

Thank you Blogson for your quick reply.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Blogson is correct, and the dealership was supposed to install those rubber plugs as part of the pre-delivery inspection (PDI). There is a checklist they are meant to follow and that is one of the items along with lowering the air pressure which is set high for shipping.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The dealer didn't install those on my 15 XLE either plus they did not screw the antenna on. Of course the money guy called me that morning to tell me my RAV had come in and I told him I would be there at 5:00 to pick it up. When I arrived he hadn't told anyone that I was coming, so it was a rush to get my car ready. I drove for 2 hours to pick it up, so just saying that I would come back tomorrow wasn't an option. I think the money guy called just so he could do one more push for his expensive extended warranty but it still didn't work.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Blogson is correct, and the dealership was supposed to install those rubber plugs as part of the pre-delivery inspection (PDI). There is a checklist they are meant to follow and that is one of the items along with lowering the air pressure which is set high for shipping.

Ironically the selling dealer's sales rep and even their service department didn't know what the rubber plugs are for and they obviously hadn't done the services on the check list. I had to tell them about the plugs. They also left the tires at nearly 60psi. The dealer's service manager also hadn't read the list of customizable features even though it had been in effect since the 2006 models were available since he insisted that the horn beep which sounded when the vehicle is locked or unlocked couldn't be silenced. I had to take the car to another dealer to get that sorted out - cost $40 to do so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts