Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it legal to put a 4wd badge on a 2wd rav? I just wanted to know if it's legal, want to give it a more elegant look.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Probably legal I would have thought unless of course you then try to sell the
vehicle as a 4wd. Also I suspect you would be in trouble if you claimed that
you "forgot" that someone had changed it etc.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
Just put a VVT-i badge like me. That way it won't be a lie!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
of course it's legal...dumb, but legal...i have yet to look for a 4wd emblem on a rav and anyone who judges you differently cause you dont have a 4wd emblem is not anyone who you want to be around...if people cant accept and love you with only 2wd then they don't deserve you with 4wd...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
on a side note i used to love seeing these punk kids with 2.3 liter mustangs running around with 5.0 badges on the fenders...they seem to ALWAYS forget that the v8s had dual exhaust and not 1 little pipe coming out the back lol....don't be fake man...keep it real cause the people that know better will know you're faking and will laugh at you...

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
When I bought my 2010, I wanted a 2WD, as I was about to retire and become a snowbird, but couldn't find a 2WD V6. There were a couple of 4cyls around, but it was a 6 or nothin!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about Insurance companies? Wouldn't they find it confusing since the Rav4 is already 2WD stated? Or the dealer? What if they had to inspect my vehicle again for service ?And no I would be honest and tell the "buyers" that its actually 2wd vehicle.

·
Registered
731 Posts

I put a "POLICE INTERCEPTOR" badge from a Ford Crown Victoria cop car on the back of my wife's 1993 Ford Explorer. Never got pulled over, no comments from strangers, nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
What about Insurance companies? Wouldn't they find it confusing since the Rav4 is already 2WD stated? Or the dealer? What if they had to inspect my vehicle again for service ?And no I would be honest and tell the "buyers" that its actually 2wd vehicle.
Insurance and the dealer go off of the VIN.
Only thing that would happen at the dealer is the techs would be laughing their butts off at how dumb it is to have a 4wd sticker on a 2wd car.

Why would you want to do this? How does it make it look more "elegant"?

More "elegant" is completely debadged. Nice, clean paint.

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
Why not just put this on the hood? It makes as much sense as your little badge would.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
I also wonder why people would want to misrepresent their vehicles - for the most part the only person who will pay nay attention to that sort of a misrepresenting car badge will be the owner. Otherwise it's simply something which should be removed when selling or trading in the vehicle. What the badge really represents is that the owner is too cheap to buy the vehicle which the badge actually represents . .:laugh

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I also wonder why people would want to misrepresent their vehicles
I had a Kelmark (on midengineering frame), and it was common for others, not me, to put Ferrari badges on theirs. I HATED that! Even Ferrari didn't badge their < 12 cylinder car, the Dino. (Though the full-blown Kelmark was once America's fastest car.)

·
Registered
207 Posts
That is bad ass...
Hey, hey. Stop it! This is a serious question for shallow people like me. My plan is to slap a "Sport" badge on my Ltd. Really. (Just remember girls and boys that you first read it here.)

I am in the process converting my Ltd. to Sport specs. Remember all my OCD, mindless, posts about Sachs struts/shocks that I installed in my quest for the elusive, hard-riding, uncomfortable Sport suspension? Once the Frankenstein-like transformation is complete I will advertise to the world--which couldn't give a s**t--that they are looking at a "Sport Limited." Are you impressed? Tell me that you are.

So, please, no more Bentley "Flying Ghost" photos. If you continue in that vein I will be forced to post a photo of the BMW floor mats in my RAV. I placed a BMW Roundel badge in the center of the RAV steering wheel. It fit perfectly. It' a good thing I didn't attach it permanently. My wife was not amused.:frown

·
Registered
207 Posts
I also wonder why people would want to misrepresent their vehicles - for the most part the only person who will pay nay attention to that sort of a misrepresenting car badge will be the owner. Otherwise it's simply something which should be removed when selling or trading in the vehicle. What the badge really represents is that the owner is too cheap to buy the vehicle which the badge actually represents . .:laugh
Hurt me, hurt me!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yessa Bub! But, hey, what do they cost? Bugatti Veyron? Uh, those badges probably cost about as much as I paid for my RAV.:surprise

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
:serious
Yessa Bub! But, hey, what do they cost? Bugatti Veyron? Uh, those badges probably cost about as much as I paid for my RAV.:surprise
Tires are $40,000 a set and sold only as a set.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts