Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

4WD Emblem on 2WD Rav4?

6K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  BlueRavTime 
#1 ·
Is it legal to put a 4wd badge on a 2wd rav? I just wanted to know if it's legal, want to give it a more elegant look.

#3 ·
Just put a VVT-i badge like me. That way it won't be a lie!

#6 ·
on a side note i used to love seeing these punk kids with 2.3 liter mustangs running around with 5.0 badges on the fenders...they seem to ALWAYS forget that the v8s had dual exhaust and not 1 little pipe coming out the back lol....don't be fake man...keep it real cause the people that know better will know you're faking and will laugh at you...

#8 ·
What about Insurance companies? Wouldn't they find it confusing since the Rav4 is already 2WD stated? Or the dealer? What if they had to inspect my vehicle again for service ?And no I would be honest and tell the "buyers" that its actually 2wd vehicle.

#10 ·
Insurance and the dealer go off of the VIN.
Only thing that would happen at the dealer is the techs would be laughing their butts off at how dumb it is to have a 4wd sticker on a 2wd car.

Why would you want to do this? How does it make it look more "elegant"?

More "elegant" is completely debadged. Nice, clean paint.

#9 ·

I put a "POLICE INTERCEPTOR" badge from a Ford Crown Victoria cop car on the back of my wife's 1993 Ford Explorer. Never got pulled over, no comments from strangers, nothing.

#14 ·
I also wonder why people would want to misrepresent their vehicles - for the most part the only person who will pay nay attention to that sort of a misrepresenting car badge will be the owner. Otherwise it's simply something which should be removed when selling or trading in the vehicle. What the badge really represents is that the owner is too cheap to buy the vehicle which the badge actually represents . .:laugh

#15 ·
I also wonder why people would want to misrepresent their vehicles
I had a Kelmark (on midengineering frame), and it was common for others, not me, to put Ferrari badges on theirs. I HATED that! Even Ferrari didn't badge their < 12 cylinder car, the Dino. (Though the full-blown Kelmark was once America's fastest car.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.