Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wife says when trying to go up her sisters driveway in the snow that pushing the lock button doesn't help unless she turns off the tc/vcs too, then it goes right up
doesn't sound right to me
thanks
rav4 2010

·
Registered
2007 RAV4 Limited 2.4L 4WD
237 Posts
Wife is correct. TC will aggressively cut power to prevent any wheelspin, so turning 4WD Lock "ON" and TC/VSC "OFF" is the best choice in that situation.

·
Registered
115 Posts
the wife says when trying to go up her sisters driveway in the snow that pushing the lock button doesn't help unless she turns off the tc/vcs too, then it goes right up
doesn't sound right to me
thanks
rav4 2010
It does make since. With the traction control on, the ECM limits power to the wheels as soon as it starts to since slippage. So what is happening, even with 4WD turned on there is tire slippage and the engine is cutting torque and the vehicle Rav is not able to get up the driveway.

tc/vcs turned off and all of a sudden the Rav has full power to the wheels slippage or not, now it can plow it's way through the snow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you
didn't seem like she would have to do that, as long as it works for her and it's not hurting anything
finally gettting snow here in western ny

·
Super Moderator
10,144 Posts
I'd suggest she try the DAC function for descending if driveway is long, say more than a few hundred feet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd suggest she try the DAC function for descending if driveway is long, say more than a few hundred feet.

I've tried the DAC function a few times, and experienced nothing. Is there more to it than just pressing the button? Sounds like a stupid question, but -

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
I've tried the DAC function a few times, and experienced nothing. Is there more to it than just pressing the button? Sounds like a stupid question, but -
It only works in Low or Reverse gear--then you have to take your foot off the gas AND the brake and let it do it's thing. It's a little scary the first time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts