Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 rav4 recently had a dead battery. After the 2nd jump, the car came to life, but after that, 3 lights came on: CEL, 4WD and Trac yellow on the dash. And of course the infamous "limping" mode. Thanks for this forum, i was able to learn more the reason, probably a bad jump.

I checked all the circuit breakers under the hood, and didn't find a single blown fuse. I disconnected the battery for a while, and after i reconnect the battery, the 3 caution lights and "limping" disappears!! I am not certain why it fixed itself but it did.

After driving 2 more days, i noticed the 3 lights came on after engine start, but no "limping". I disconnect the battery again, and the 3 caution lights on the dash went away, and still no "limping".

My question is, is there a way to diagnosis or fix the issue? I had a copy of Techstream, but i couldn't get the vehicle to connect to the software. Any help is much appreciated!!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Start by using the jumper method in post 2. Then do the 8 taps on the brake pedal to clear the codes. Then see if any lights or codes come back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts