Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have to say that I have been reading the forums on this site for some time now. (Yes, I've been lying in the weeds, but now I'm of hiding and an actual member.) This is really a great site. There are a lot of informing discussions on this site. And the discussions that are not informing are at the very least, entertaining.

I ordered a 4x4 Flint Mica V6 from the dealership a few weeks back. This is my first new vehicle purchase. The other day, I got a phone call saying that my RAV was in and that i could come pick it up. Oh, I was sooo excited! I made a 1 1/2 hour drive to the dealership (I bought it from a dealership close to my folks' house). I was all excited to drive off the lot with my new baby, when what did I notice???

A scratch. Not just a light scratch, but one on the hood of the vehicle that was quite noticeable once you knew where to look. It looked like it was through the clearcoat, and into the paint. It did not, however, look like the scratch made it to the primer or metal. At the very least, it was the kind of scratch that my eyes would always look at first for the rest of my vehicle's life.

The salesperson was not very helpful with my newly discovered flaw, and I think that he would have easily let me drive off the lot with the scratch. But I insisted on talking to the manager. The manager assured me (we'll see how much that's worth!) that he would fix the problem for me. So I drove home NOT full of RAV, but RAV-less. My RAV is being fixed right now, but it really sucks to wait for so long to pick up your new RAV only to turn around and drive 1 1/2 hours back home with a loaner Camry.

That's my pseudo tragedy

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. :cry: If it were me, I would definitely inspect a new car inside and out to make sure there were no blemishes or defects on the car before driving off the dealer lot. And if there was something like a dent or scratch, I would demand another vehicle. I would not trust a "dealer fix" with the paint's finish. Somehow, nothing beats the original factory finish. Just my thoughts on this. :wink:

Hope you get your RAV though, buying a new car should be a happy experience. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts