Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know no one has gotten that far as of yet but be warned that out trucks have this. Every 5000 miles a light will come on reminding you to change the oil. Look in the owners manual on how to reset it. I think it goes something like this..

Set the trip odometer to the second trip setting and push it a few times then hold it in for a specified time. Or something like that:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm glad Toyota designed the maintenance indicator light such that we can reset them. I owned a BMW that had maintenance lights that needed a special device in order to reset. This meant either buying the device, or taking the car to dealer or mechanic that had the device. This is a pain for a simple oil change.

·
Registered
26 Posts
5000 mile oil light

We have 5800 miles on ours. With the odometer in the Trip "A" mode:
1) push in and hold the reset button as if you are resetting the trip meter. Hold the button in for this entire procedure.
2) turn the ignition off.
3) turn the key two clicks forward.
The display will turn to horizontal lines (first 3 then 2 if I remember correctly) within a few seconds, and then the MAINT REQD light will go out.

By the way, our Toyota dealer told me to have the odometer in the actual odometer (total miles driven) mode. I left a message saying this did not work. They never called back. I had to play around to figure this one out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yup wait for 10 secs and put the seatbelts in and this would let me select the seat belt beeping on/off. :evil: nope this only worked on my old tC. anyone find out how to fix this yet?

·
Registered
122 Posts
garfull said:
yup wait for 10 secs and put the seatbelts in and this would let me select the seat belt beeping on/off. :evil: nope this only worked on my old tC. anyone find out how to fix this yet?
unplug any sensor under the seat.... oh.. wait... that might disable your side Airbags too

hmm... try to find where the beep comes from and destory that speaker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts