Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok finally got around to swapping out the 5K HIDS and installed the 6500K HIDS in the Rav4. Its a Xenondepot kit with their Bulbs as well. Really I cannot tell a big difference in color like I thought on the actual road--there is little more hint of a blueish tone but not allot. The output is still amazing seeing them in real life not by pictures. I took these on 2 separate mornings back to back to be as close as I could, but you get the idea. Like I said above in seeing them in real time is even better than the pictures!

1. First set (4) are the 5K, 2 of the picts didnt come out very good.
2. Next (4) are the 6500K

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you adding aux lights aswell?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Yea I already have the lasfits in the fogs--with both HID and the fogs its damn bright, no issues with blinding people either--I even got in my other car and had her drive towards me a great distance out and the lights never bothered me!!

I did have the Lasfits in the Low beams but they just did not project/throw the light out far enough at all--Amazing difference when I installed the HID's, Lots of usable light.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
319 Posts
Did you need the canbus option for your RAV4 HID install? Did you need to alter the dust cap on the back of the lights (other than drilling the hole for the wires) to allow for heat? I am going to get a pair in the next few days.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I see that the Lastfit bulbs you used in your fog lights are nearly double the wattage of the OEM bulbs. Do you have to make any changes to the wiring? I suspect a new fuse is in order? Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have and 'operational' question for you. With the light switch in "auto", the car will start with the lights on, when the ambient light is rather low. This causes the lights to 'flicker' slightly when the engine is cranking. Do you think that this causes problems with the ballasts? Or should I just get into the habit of not using the "auto" position?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have keep mine in the ON position and no issues--I would think no harm really especially since we have the relay in line. My co-worker put a kit on his F-250 and runs Auto mode and he has never had any issues either!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ok finally got around to swapping out the 5K HIDS and installed the 6500K HIDS in the Rav4. Its a Xenondepot kit with their Bulbs as well. Really I cannot tell a big difference in color like I thought on the actual road--there is little more hint of a blueish tone but not allot. The output is still amazing seeing them in real life not by pictures. I took these on 2 separate mornings back to back to be as close as I could, but you get the idea. Like I said above in seeing them in real time is even better than the pictures!

1. First set (4) are the 5K, 2 of the picts didnt come out very good.
2. Next (4) are the 6500K
Why would you do this? As the K temp goes up the light becomes more blue and produces less usable light that the human eye can actually see. :shrug:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Because there is still a TON of light and I see zero degrade of brightness--only a Hint of blue thats it, the output color is pure white from the naked eye

·
Registered
223 Posts
Because there is still a TON of light and I see zero degrade of brightness--only a Hint of blue thats it, the output color is pure white from the naked eye
I was just thinking if I knew that 6500K was bluer than 5k and put out less usable light that the 5K why take a chance on the unknown that you hope they would still be okay? Happy that it worked out for you. I personally love my 5k HID retrofit that I did in my 2009 Corolla S. I wish more LED headlight bulbs came in 5K but 6K seems to be the most common by far.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts