1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day Everyone,
I've got a 98 RAV4 model SXA11R with the 3SFE engine and
chassis # JT772SC1100185879.
My problem is the 5th gear has just started jumping out at 216,000km's on the clock and I'd like to know where I can get the replacement kit for it and the cost involved?
In Australia would be great but if anyone knows of some cheap deals out there that would be fantastic. I'm not after genuine, an aftermarket one will suit me fine.
Thanks in advance for anyone out there who can help me out!
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G'day Mate,
Thanks for your reply.
Nah I haven't priced it from Toyota but I seen some kits coming out of England for that price without postage on EBay.
I also can get a whole box (2nd hand) for around the same price but not sure how long 5th gear would last.
I thought there might be some cheaper priced kits coming out of the states?
Tossing up between a 2nd hand box or a new kit as I feel I'm due for a clutch soon and might be worth swapping the box out and try my luck while at the same time I'll have a new clutch in her.
I'll wait until I hear from others who might be able to help out on some cheap kits.
Cheers anyway

·
Registered
149 Posts
Where are you located in Australia? A mate used to do gearboxes but the kit they used weren't available to the public.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't know about a "kit," but you can order the parts from your local dealer. Two gears will about do it, plus the syncro if you feel like it. If I recall, it was around U$300 from an online Toyota dealer when I did mine last year.

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 GX 2.0L
12 Posts
Could never figure out why they stuck that under powered 3S-FE engine in the 98/99 RAV4, but put the 5S-FE in all the 90's Camry's. Gutless little engine. :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts