Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to do this? I've tried actually deleting the TPMS in Techstream, but it came back. Reason for deleting, I don't run the spare tire in the back any longer.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think there is an option for using 5 or 4 wheels...can't remember where in that mess that I saw it...must be doable...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there is an option for using 5 or 4 wheels...can't remember where in that mess that I saw it...must be doable...
in techstream you mean?

·
Registered
8,538 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, was hoping there'd be a straightforward 4 wheel or 5 wheel option in techstream like rav4system mentioned

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw an option to have 4 or 5 wheel setup in techstream, but don't remember for sure...my rav only had 4 sensors so it must be doable somehow...and I don't think techstream will let you remove all wheel sensors...I put new wheels on mine and did not use sensors and I had to disable the system to get the dash light to go out...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll take a look in techstream again tonight

·
Registered
403 Posts
When my TPMS sensor battery(s) in the tire rims finally give out I'm just going to ignore the stupid TPMS warning light. I went for decades without the nanny TPMS system to remind me to check my tire pressure and I can go for more decades without it.:smile

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the blinking light annoys me, I'd rather have it off

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
interesting - wonder what it will do if I delete the ID

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw an option to have 4 or 5 wheel setup in techstream, but don't remember for sure...my rav only had 4 sensors so it must be doable somehow...and I don't think techstream will let you remove all wheel sensors...I put new wheels on mine and did not use sensors and I had to disable the system to get the dash light to go out...
4 wheel option makes sense since the sports have runflats and no spare.
BTW the TPMS is helpful for momma's RAV cuz the shiny wheels I got her have valve stems on the inner side. I guess it looks better, but checking pressure is PITA.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
4 wheel option makes sense since the sports have runflats and no spare.
BTW the TPMS is helpful for momma's RAV cuz the shiny wheels I got her have valve stems on the inner side. I guess it looks better, but checking pressure is PITA.
Wow, I've never seen rims like that. I'm guessing the only reason would be appearance?:confused:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow, I've never seen rims like that. I'm guessing the only reason would be appearance?:confused:
Yeah, I guess appearance. I'd never seen any like that either and never thought to check. And each of those black bars is held on with two screws and need to be removed to remove the cover plate for the lug nuts. So an allen wrench rides with the lug wrench.
Plus the rears needed a 5mm spacer to keep valve stems from hitting the brake calipers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
There was an old way the people were deleting the TPMS. Sometimes refereed to as the "pipe bomb" method. Build a pressure chamber out of 2" PVC. On one of the end caps epoxy in place a valve stem. Drop TPMS sensors in it. Cap (most just seem to glue it in place). Pump up toe 50 psi. Place under seat.

Never though this was a very smart way to do it. But it worked and was cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts