Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for starting a system for my 2011 base mode I4 Rav4 and when im looking for a Pioneer head unit, im seeing it can fit both but my question is, which would fit better for the rav4

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The difference there is often whether you want a physical volume dial or are ok with touch screen ones. I prefer the slightly smaller screen and physical knobs/buttons myself. Got a Clarion NX404 6.2" for the wife's RAV4 and it has performed very well.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Just the standard double din dash kit.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_003TOYK994/American-International-TOYK994-Dash-Kit.html?tp=3121

And this to retain all the steering wheel controls, jbl amp, inputs, etc.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_249TY61J/Crux-SWRTY-61J-Wiring-Interface.html?tp=3486

Which doesn't seem to be available there anymore. But can find it elsewhere.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZA49Z2153

Crutchfield will walk you through the whole thing and tell you what you need. You probably don't need the above one since you don't have the JBL setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good because i really need the factory Aux to work, they put the aux behind the radio and really dont want the aux to be hanging out like that

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Yeah retaining the aux was important to me too...but funnily enough I've never used it since the bluetooth works so well with this unit. And if not that, using the usb or hdmi input. Though it would likely still bother me to have an aux jack sitting there that didn't work heh.

·
Registered
158 Posts
either one works, it's more a matter of what you like and how much each one cost...

Look at both decks and compare their displays and what info they display, sometimes the bigger screens have less buttons and more on-screen touching, which will lead to screen wear and therefore more expensive to repair or buy initially.

Aux input? what's that? lol... USB and Bluetooth is more of a priority for me than Aux, I don't think I have anything that doesn't have capability for either, but some people still own old school ipods/mp3 players that don't connect that way, so it's nice to have the feature for that once in a blue moon chance. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so ill go with the 6.2 then thanks guys, now one more question for anyone, speaker sizes 6.5 or 6.75 both said they'll fit

·
Registered
144 Posts
The difference there is often whether you want a physical volume dial or are ok with touch screen ones. I prefer the slightly smaller screen and physical knobs/buttons myself.
I prefer the larger screen and physical knobs/buttons (and running any Android app, and paying less). :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I prefer the larger screen and physical knobs/buttons (and running any Android app, and paying less). :thumbs_up:
SD "CRAD" lol
That would drive me nuts.

I looked at those android units on Aliexpress but they were actually more expensive than the Clarion(black friday sale).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts