Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share my recent project to replace the stock radio in my 2010 V6 Rav4 with a 7" touch screen Android 6 radio/DVD. It took under 2 hours to install, and looks great! Total cost = $235.

Two things I learned that I will share: 1) Use a paint can opener on the side trim from underneath, and pull up to expose the mounting bolts. 2) I stuck the GPS antenna on top of the metal cross-bar behind the radio in the dash - works great!

Pics below.

-Jeff

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,730 Posts
Looks good Jeff! How long does it take to boot up when you start the engine? Can you provide a link to that head unit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! There are several available on Amazon, with subtly differing features. Rav4 forum won't let me post links because I don't have enough posts, but here is the description: "HIZPO 7" Android 6.0 Quad Core Capacitive Touch Screen Car Stereo Radio DVD Player with Screen Mirroring Function OBD2 DAB+ for Toyota RAV4"

Radio will come on right away, but boot time is long - about 30sec. There is a setting to leave the unit "on" for a selectable period of time when the car is off (10min / 30min / etc) so it will boot up right away if you just stop for gas or coffee.

-Jeff

Edit: https://www.amazon.com/HIZPO-Android-Capacitive-Mirroring-Function/dp/B071DJ2XSD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts