Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Rav4 2-door. I was thinking about doing some modifications to it. Is there any companies that sell lift kits (doesn't have to be drastic) as a bolt on?

Also, i did a motor swap in my 93 MR2 and have a 5S-FE motor sitting around. is it possible to place that motor into the Rav4 for a little more power?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Re: 96 RAV4 engine/suspension questions.

MR2Quick said:
Also, i did a motor swap in my 93 MR2 and have a 5S-FE motor sitting around. is it possible to place that motor into the RAV4 for a little more power?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Your 5SFE being from the 1993 is the problem. Depending where you are located, you will fail emissions because the RAV4 is OBDII, and the 93 5SFE is OBDI. On the RAV they plug in the computer to read all the codes... also for emissions purposes and other regulations, etc, the motor is supposed to be of the same year or newer....

Now if you don't have emissions in your state, or aren't worried about the above, talk to Toysport (www.toysport.com) they have done a few types of swaps in the RAV...

Good luck,

DJ Sueno

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As for the lift kit... there is only one company that you can go to for that, and thats Ironman Suspension. No one really makes a lift kit for hte rav4, Ironman only makes extended springs and shocks to lift the rav about 2-5 inches. Thats really the only option we have, unless you were to take your rav to a local truck fabrication shop and ask if they can do a custom lift (tho it wont be cheap).

You can find some good prices on the lift springs, its the shocks that are the problem, since ironman no longer makes the extended shocks to go with the springs (O.E. shocks are too short to be used safely.). RAV4OZ has both the shocks and springs available, tho i dont know how many (if any) they still have in stock.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so with just those springs, whats the biggest size tires could i fit on my alloys?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Old Man Emu makes a complete suspension for the Rav's. It'll give you a lift of 1" to 1.5" ARB distributes the suspension in the U.S.
Check out the website.
www.arbusa.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts