Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some dedicated ice/snow rims for our '96 2wd manual. The wheels are 16x6.5JJ45 5x4.5, which we can't find any other Toyota that match that. The oddity seems to be the 6.5 width. Issue is, RAV4s don't come up very often at the salvage yards.

Can you use a 16x6JJ45, in replacement of the 6.5? If so, is there any easy-find from another Toyota, that would fit?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
According to this site: Wheel-Size.com :: Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD
there are a few. Just put the specs in the "By rim size" tab.
6 and 6.5 inch widths are both referenced for the Rav, so it SHOULD make no difference (but don't take my word for it).
You should also cross-check your candidate secondary set of wheels for suitable bolt pattern (5x114.3) and center bore (60.1).
Differences in center bore can be rectified using hub-centric spacers but why bother if you can find a more suitable rim.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to this site: Wheel-Size.com :: Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD
there are a few. Just put the specs in the "By rim size" tab.
6 and 6.5 inch widths are both referenced for the Rav, so it SHOULD make no difference (but don't take my word for it).
You should also cross-check your candidate secondary set of wheels for suitable bolt pattern (5x114.3) and center bore (60.1).
Differences in center bore can be rectified using hub-centric spacers but why bother if you can find a more suitable rim.
I've been to the web site, and that was what was stopping me... I didn't know the center bore... thank you!

Looks like:
Avalon '05-'12
Camry '01-'12
Corolla '07-'17
Highlander '01-'07
RAV4 '98-'12

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
No problem. If you "highlight" the results with your cursor, the specific versions of the model range with the compatible rim will appear.
You probably have alloy wheels, hence the 6.5"JJ figure (and +45 offset). Steel rims have 6"J width and positive 35 to 38 offset ("JJ" and "J" is the tyre bead profile or rim contour designation if you will).
The factory configuration combined 235/60-16 tyres with 6.5"JJ alloy wheels and 215/70-16 tyres with the 6"J steel wheels.
Confused much? :mrgreen:

In reality though, you can safely interchange those tyre sizes on either wheel type. I would also expand my search on the previously referenced website using "37+-2" as the offset parameter to include rims with offset of 35 to 39 (for 6" wide wheels) and "42.5+-3" as the offset parameter to include rims with offset of 40 to 45 (for 6.5" wide wheels)
(Some compatible rim examples I have seen on this forum are 2001-2005 Rav4 steel and alloy rims, 1997-2003 RX300 and 2001-2007 Highlander alloys).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts