Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference in body styling between the '97 and '98 RAV4? I'm talking about the 4-doorAWD models only.

·
Registered
682 Posts
yes there is. different grille, head lights, tail lights, front indicator lights, front bumper and steel/alloy wheels. interior was slightly different too.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Guage cluster is a bit different. '97 has an analog odometer, '98 digital. Steering wheel air bag is also different.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
sean18mb said:
Is there a difference in body styling between the '97 and '98 RAV4? I'm talking about the 4-doorAWD models only.
As noted above... a few differences in the PLASTIC stuff... but overall the SHEETMETAL is the same :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine is a November 97, but has all the 98 body and mechanical updates (except for rear disc brakes)

It has the clear indicator lenses up front, the silver body mouldings, digital odometer insted of analogue, coil packs instead of a distributor..............and whatever else the 98 had above the 97 :D

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
That would make yours a '98 8) since they would have started building the '98 models around July or August of '97. My RAV (built 6/00) was one of the last old ones off the line before they started building the new 2001 body style in August '00.

I'm not sure that rear discs were ever part of the package for the 1st-gen RAV so I don't think you missed out there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mohit said:
rear discs came standard on some aussie 98-00 RAV4.1s
And they never came in Canada. :(

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Wow, the lucky aussies, I'm impressed. Not only did we not get rear discs here in Canada on the 1st-gen, we still don't have them. Even the 2005 model here still has drums. Maybe for 2006.

·
Registered
181 Posts
bmorton said:
Wow, the lucky aussies, I'm impressed. Not only did we not get rear discs here in Canada on the 1st-gen, we still don't have them. Even the 2005 model here still has drums. Maybe for 2006.

You're kidding?

2005 and they still put drum brakes on a passenger car? :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts