Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was snowing heavy on Friday so I clicked the c diff lock button and drove home, later in the evening when the roads weren't as bad I pushed the button again to disengage the diff lock and all I get is the beep. I've tried all the reverse and forward and have been scouring the internet for anything that will help but so far nothing I could do in my drive way right now. Just for more info the check engine light has been on for some time now but I haven't had it checked out yet but this is the first time using the diff lock since the CEL has been on. If it is the common p0401 code could that cause the vacuum to not let the diff disengage? Sorry for my wall of text just looking for help. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I just took all the vacuum lines off I could reach under the hood and it finally unlocked. Still don't know why it was stuck or what actually unlocked it tho. In case anyone still wants to chime in.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Just a guess, but maybe the VSV is not releasing the vacuum.

This pdf file is from the 99 shop manual so it should be a close place to start.

While the P0401 code is an egr problem and should not affect the differential lock, the code can be caused by a vacuum problem, so the 2 problems could be related.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts