Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling the engine on my 98 Rav 4 malual 4x4. I have disconnected and removed the air box, starter motor, exhaust manifold etc. I am having trouble getting the wiring harness out of the way. The manual says disconnect the harness inside the cab and pull it through. I looked at that and I don't think so unless there is some kind of disconnect that I can't see. I am thinking that if I disconnect the fuse boxes and pull the harness out of the valley between the intake and engine I could set it aside but getting it out of there is a challenge.

I know that a lot of the forum's members have done this already. Any simpler way to do this? Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am pulling the engine on my 98 Rav 4 malual 4x4. I have disconnected and removed the air box, starter motor, exhaust manifold etc. I am having trouble getting the wiring harness out of the way. The manual says disconnect the harness inside the cab and pull it through. I looked at that and I don't think so unless there is some kind of disconnect that I can't see. I am thinking that if I disconnect the fuse boxes and pull the harness out of the valley between the intake and engine I could set it aside but getting it out of there is a challenge.

I know that a lot of the forum's members have done this already. Any simpler way to do this? Thanks.
PUT IT BACK! PUT IT ALL BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN DO WHAT THE MANUAL SAYS. Disconnect from ECU, push rubber grommet through firewall and take wiring out from CAB

YOU ARE MAKING WAY MORE WORK FOR YOURSELF.

THE MANUAL IS RIGHT! I have done this 20 times now.

You will NOT get the wiring harness that passes beside the fuel rail away without breaking either wiring, connectors, a finger, or your heart.

PUT IT ALL BACK AND START FROM THE ECU AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD TOWARDS THE ENGINE.

Last Post, and now last piece of advice to other users and rav4 owners.

DO NOT, make up your mind about how to do something, when there is millions of examples of the EASY WAY online. Work SMART, not HARD.

100 Post Views to 1 Comment response. Is 1% feedback from the forum, really worth the effort?

I've decided it's not. A dios.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts