Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need ideas of any weird drains that others have had ,car stock except for remote start which was pulled today , new battery alternator ,bat had weak cell alt because diode teat came in to high still after 12 hours battery just about dead, amp draw is 25 milliamps cannot find anything that is causing a large draw must be happening sometime during the night ,dome lights are out like i said strange draws that come to mind

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Disconnect the alternator and see if the drain goes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alternator was changed due to high AC current like diode draining , battery going still dead about 12 hours meter shows .02 amp drain thats like the clock running even disconnected the remote start with no change still dead after 12

·
Registered
8,538 Posts
This may take some time, but perhaps pull one fuse from each possibly suspect circuit at a time until the drain disappears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what system could randomly power up ? running new grounds tonight ,the problem is ? this rav has the integration box but toyota says that they do not go bad everything works in vehicle i even disconnected rear door switch just to eliminate that possibility , with light hooked up like multimeter have no power open door light on turn key same turn off light out i must be missing something for it to drain it that fast sorry for the rant but this is crazy

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Disconnect the alternator and see if the drain goes away.
alternator was changed due to high AC current like diode draining , battery going still dead about 12 hours meter shows .02 amp drain thats like the clock running even disconnected the remote start with no change still dead after 12
I stand by my statement above. Just because the alternator was changed doesn't mean the "new" one is good. I have heard from many professional mechanics about how "new" or reman parts are bad out of the box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just found out from a toyota tech that the evap system runs a check during that window of time so now the pump is unplugged to see what happens in the morn , yes it had alt ripple tested and pulled cable and batt still down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts