Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening RAVsters ... thought i better get around to saying hello ..been lurking for a few months but finally found myself a nice Gen 1 again ...perfect for life in provincial Philippines.

Several years ago i had a great '97 5 spd back in UK that was bought quickly when we moved to rural N.Yorks and access was down a steep-ish single track lane. The intention was to drive it 'til the first MOT ..at which point it would surely fail !...and then get something 'proper' ..lol
Of course..it never did fail ...and it spent the next 3 yrs going back and forth to builders merchants through all weathers and never letting me down once ....i was amazed and have never forgotton the incredible reliability of those early RAVs.

Fast forward a few years and im living in the Philippines and looking for wheels ...its really gotta be Japanese just in case i do need some parts....must be ultra reliable and also have some ground clearance to deal with the roads and the weather! ...so..heck..another Gen1 RAV it has to be. Took me a while to find one...esp. where i live ...but eventually one turned up and i grabbed it quick. A nice '99 4dr 5 spd in silver with less than 100k km on it! So far it is proving to be just as reliable as that '97 i had back in UK .... long live these fabulous little SUVs ..

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Sounds like you got a great RAV4 with low mileage (kilometerage?). It would be helpful if you would complete your profile and also list your RAV's details in your sig. line, especially if you post questions and comments.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts