Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to rav4s and new to this site, just bought a 1999 with about 150k. So, now to sort out a few issues. So far I,m noticing a jerking/lurching when I'm letting of the accelerator. It doesn't seem to be as bad in a cold start but when I'm further down the road and all warmed up it starts happening. It's a pretty significant jerking. Other problems that may or may not be related. Check engine light on, p1133, air fuel sensor and rough idle when warmed up. That about sums it up for now, any help or speculation should be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
There was a TSB for the problem. Toyota released a replacement part, however yours is old enough to have had it replaced. I think. For me, the dealership is the way to go. Perhaps someone more handy can suggest a DIY.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While it's useful to know u think I should take it to the dealer, I guess, the reason I posted the problem was so that I could learn about the problem without taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I have it fixed! I replaced the upstream O2 sensor and that took care or the rough idle when warm. And believe it or not some ngk plugs and belden wires from Napa fixed the lurching during deceleration. The only thing I can figure on that is that I had a bad miss cause unusually hard engine braking durning deceleration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.