Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this mint convertible, but wouldn't mind installing a hardtop over the rear portion. Is one available? Thanks.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi
I’m new on this site and I have the same question because I just got Rav 4 1998 convertible and wondering if I can install hard top
and where can I get another soft top in case the one I have broke
thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
As mentioned in Lavender's post on the same subject, I don't believe a hard top was made due to the limited number of cabrio's made / sold. It's not like the Vitara which was sold in droves... but unless anyone else knows otherwise... I will stand corrected!

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
RaifyB said:
As mentioned in Lavender's post on the same subject, I don't believe a hard top was made due to the limited number of cabrio's made / sold. It's not like the Vitara which was sold in droves... but unless anyone else knows otherwise... I will stand corrected!
Welcome back Berna, haven't seen you in a while... time to stand corrected... :p

A while back tops4less.com had them, and they may still have them, not sure, but a quick google search popuplated this:

Check this link as they are advertising one:

http://www.off-road.com/vendor/4x4/tops4less.htm

Not sure if still available or not, but I remember way back they were in the $1500 range or more... don't recall exactly... but I remember seeing them...

Hopefully they are still available, as one day I wouldn't mind having a softop model but would also like to have a hardtop available for it...

Let us know what you all find out...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear
DJ Sueno
R4W Moderator

thanks alot for the information;i checked the TOPS 4 LESS.COM but nothing came out
i sent them an email ,hopfuly somthing will come up ,then i'll let you know

cheers,

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
lavender said:
Dear
DJ Sueno
R4W Moderator

thanks alot for the information;i checked the TOPS 4 LESS.COM but nothing came out
i sent them an email ,hopfuly somthing will come up ,then i'll let you know

cheers,
Sounds good... I hope they still have them available...
:cheers:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi
DJ Sueno
R4W Moderator

well i got the replay from TOPS 4 LESS and it was:

"At one time we had Hard Tops for Suzuki Sidekicks and Geo/Chevy Trackers. I do apologize but we do not have Hard Tops for the Toyota Rav 4." :cry:

so, does any body know any other place for a hard or even a spair soft top?

thanks,

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
lavender said:
hi
DJ Sueno
R4W Moderator

well i got the replay from TOPS 4 LESS and it was:

"At one time we had Hard Tops for Suzuki Sidekicks and Geo/Chevy Trackers. I do apologize but we do not have Hard Tops for the Toyota Rav 4." :cry:

so, does any body know any other place for a hard or even a spair soft top?

thanks,
Sorry to hear that... That is very odd because I clearly recall seeing the hardtop on their website and it was around $1500 or around that price range... as I posted the picture is still there on the offroad website... as for the soft top you should still be able to source them from the dealer unless they have recently discontinued them... I remember looking at a softtop RAV4 last year and the owner told me they had bought a new softtop from the dealer... It is quite pricey though...

I don't know if this link will work for you :

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=840&chapter=ARM8413&appSectionid=4957&groupid=52029&subgroupid=9416&componentid=0&make=34&model=Rav4&year=1998&graphicID=8413693&callout=1&catalogid=2
I hope the pic shows up, but here is a pic of all the separate components... The Folding Top #1 alone costs $732.69 :shock:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drea

DJ Sueno
R4W Moderator
(sorry but i dont know your name )

thanks a looooooooooooot for all the information
you are a great helper :D
i'll keep trying to find a hard top ,if i did, i'll let you know
again thanks :wink:

have fun :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
lavender said:
Drea

DJ Sueno
R4W Moderator
(sorry but i dont know your name )

thanks a looooooooooooot for all the information
you are a great helper :D
i'll keep trying to find a hard top ,if i did, i'll let you know
again thanks :wink:

have fun :lol:
No worries... glad to help... :D most people just call me DJ 8) or you can use Sueno :p either way is fine... :)

Another idea for the soft top, you can also try sourcing a used one from a junkyard... I don't how hard it is to find out there... I know here in the states you can source a complete used softtop assembly for a reasonable price... don't know how much shipping costs would be though... just something to keep in mind...

·
Registered
25 Posts
RAV4 hard-top for soft-top replacement??

An old thread but I too am looking for the same. ...and DJ, you're absolutely correct, those hard covers do exists but I don't know where I can get one? :((

I've seen one on the same model I have (98 2-door RAV4) here in Nashville and I've seen it several times. About 6 months ago I even parked my car next to it at a local shopping mall and I waived to the driver because I thought his car looked so cool. He was on his cell phone and I had to go inside so I didn't get a chance to ask where he bought it but it looked fairly new or maybe it was just in a great shape.

Well, stupid me because last week someone punched a big hole through my rear plastic window so now I have to decide if I want to spend the $350 to replace just that window, or the $850 to do all three windows or the $2000 to do the whole top.

...OR if I should replace it with a hard top IF I ever find one?? I've been looking for days so if anyone has any suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated.

PS. Here's a pic of one of those hard tops, not a good angle but it shows I'm not imagining things ;)

http://imageonthefly.autodatadirect.com/images/?IMG=C8TOGEA1.jpg&WIDTH=400&HEIGHT=264

·
Registered
357 Posts
An old thread but I too am looking for the same. ...and DJ, you're absolutely correct, those hard covers do exists but I don't know where I can get one? :((

I've seen one on the same model I have (98 2-door RAV4) here in Nashville and I've seen it several times. About 6 months ago I even parked my car next to it at a local shopping mall and I waived to the driver because I thought his car looked so cool. He was on his cell phone and I had to go inside so I didn't get a chance to ask where he bought it but it looked fairly new or maybe it was just in a great shape.

Well, stupid me because last week someone punched a big hole through my rear plastic window so now I have to decide if I want to spend the $350 to replace just that window, or the $850 to do all three windows or the $2000 to do the whole top.

...OR if I should replace it with a hard top IF I ever find one?? I've been looking for days so if anyone has any suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated.

PS. Here's a pic of one of those hard tops, not a good angle but it shows I'm not imagining things ;)

http://imageonthefly.autodatadirect.com/images/?IMG=C8TOGEA1.jpg&WIDTH=400&HEIGHT=264
That picture is no different then my other Rav4, not a removable hardtop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sorry, I googled it and the photo was small so I assumed that was the converted hard top. It is not. However I really honestly have seen it "in action" as the guy (and his friend) were lifting it off his car and then put in his garage for temporary storing. Without that unit on it looked just like my regular softtop but without those black metal arms the soft top is resting on.

I liked my softtop at the time and didn't ask many question but now I wish I would have. Maybe it was a custom unit, maybe he made it himself but it look very professional, the plastic was black and had a similar texture to the black door panels. Also, not sure if the windows were real glass but they weren't the flimsy plastic type. They stayed on the top when he took it off but it looked like he could take them off from inside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts