Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking tires 215 60 r 16 work in stead of 215 70 r 16 . I found a great deal on them just asking

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Speedo and odometer will both be off quite a bit. Your odometer will add about 32 miles for every 500 actual with the 60 series. I wouldn't do it if it were mine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just asking tires 215 60 r 16 work in stead of 215 70 r 16 . I found a great deal on them just asking
These tires will work, but as stated above, speedo/mileage will be off. I actually had that size installed years ago to replace the OEM tires (I think they were BF Goodrich Advantage Plus) and then went to 235/60R16. Been using that size ever since. Good balance between handling and comfort, plus speedo is more accurate. At 70 actual mph, speedo reads 68 mph. Good enough for me lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your looking for a deal on ebay for tyres for your RAV, check out a wrecker who is selling tyres and rims of the current model or previous model Rav4. They will fit.
I bought a set off a 2012 model for $150 for rims and tyres, then sold the old set for $20.
Cheaper than the price of one new tyre for the lot.
I'm from Australia, so the prices will vary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts